• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Web Designer Needed

There is no deadline, but we do have a bunch of unpatient old men wanting to see some sort of change each day. No deadline doesnt mean it sits still with no change for a week. I understand it's your fresher week, but you are dealing with an international multi-million $ publicly held corporation now. While I understand the college issues, they wont and dont.

You, and others here, will have their skills displayed in front of thousands of rich shareholders in many corporations, who can influence other companies to make use of your expertise....and some already intend to do just that. If you cant make time to make a few changes each day....well..... they have already said to fire you, but I told them to hold their horses and give me a chance to talk to you.

Last edited:
Yeh, just wondering webdude, what is the deal with all the other designs; are you going to make a new thread and a competion like this one was?

Anyway, no real hurry, just wanted to know so I have a chance to get some business happening.

Originally posted by waloxspace
Yeh, just wondering webdude, what is the deal with all the other designs; are you going to make a new thread and a competion like this one was?

Anyway, no real hurry, just wanted to know so I have a chance to get some business happening.

It's not really a competition. They are contract jobs. I simply have to show them example demos of what can be done to their sites, and let them pick from those.

I will point out however of what I have to expect from designers. I shouldnt have to nitpick from the beginning. If your design is chosen, you rebuild their whole site that way. The wording and pictures (or general idea of them) are already on their current sites. Once the whole site is redone, then we nitpick and fine tune it. I am just saying that so no-one is asking "well what do you want done?". YOU are the designer. Once they choose you, you complete the design you've started, for all pages on that site.

Chris, I have your email and dont know if I responded or not. I have shown it, but didnt get any feedback. I read that as they either arent sure, or simply dont like it but are afraid to say so. Maybe going a little further (put wording, etc) may help. I will ask them again tomorrow.

I've been subscribed to this thread since almost the beginning. Too lazy to unsubscribe, too curious to stop looking.

A thousand freakin' bucks for a web template? I'm in the wrong business. ;)

This should be an easy task, since there's already a current site. Copy and paste the content onto a copy of the template. Even better, cut the template into header/footer files if the site runs PHP. ProDesigns, you could do this with a laptop while you're in the bathroom. Beats the ritualistic magazine for reading material! Runner Up Mr Pro5ject wants to gank your gig, I think you could make time =)

Note to self: Remember to use the phrase 'gank your gig' more often.

Webdude, so can we still submit our designs? is it still for http://tfctcorp.com ? I wish I could have submitted a design long ago, but I didnt took this too seriously, and when I saw you paying 100 bucks for the first designers, I was like !@#$% I just missed an oppurtunity... Anyway, so can we still submit design proposals? let me know, I will make a design proposal soon.

Yes, it's opened back up now. I already know they will look to Project right away, but let's see what everyone has.

Re: eh

Originally posted by ProDesigns
So...what? You dont need me anyone?

I'm getting my @$$ chewed because you arent doing anything and it made me look incompetent in front of all those investors. You have gone no further on the design than your original design proposal. Once you knew you had it, you should have taken the ball and ran with it, completed the site design for all pages, then contact me to go thru the fine tuning of it, and any changes they need made. That's what I had expected.

So no, I dont need you now. I am already behind schedule on this one. I now need this done ASAP. Others are busy working on their designs of it. I'm sorry, not trying to make anything sound bad, but I dont have the time on my hands to wait..... or the time to work with a designer on every detail on every page at the start of it.

Last edited:
Bah

Ok well...i designed the site, and i was choosen to do the site...i did contact you and asked what to do, but i was never given a definite answer....i maybe the designer....and i did do what i was told to do, design the site....but i never really got any kind of deadline/work to be done, just stupid things which werent even going to be a part of the site? Im a busy man i dont need to waste my time on stuff that isnt even going to be included....for a muli million dollar corp they rele do deal with business in a very unprofessional manner, i wish whoever does it the best of luck.

Re: Bah

Originally posted by ProDesigns
just stupid things which werent even going to be a part of the site? Im a busy man i dont need to waste my time on stuff that isnt even going to be included....for a muli million dollar corp they rele do deal with business in a very unprofessional manner, i wish whoever does it the best of luck.

That was a predesign to test your responsiveness. Their idea, not mine. I simply relay info.

webdude Ive updated the fog misting systems site, not exactly what they asked for, but i think itll work.

Do you want me to re-submit anything fot tfct - or just stick with my original idea ?

Per 21st Century Technologies:::

ATTN: Everyone who has submitted and will be submitting::

Please PM your final submissions to me here. I need to get them all in one location so I can copy all the links and get them submitted to the decision makers. If you have already submitted, please re-submit to make it easier on me. Right now there are a lot of submissions all over the place (here, various emails, pm's, icq, msn, etc, etc. So I am trying to get them all in one easy to access spot, pm here would be best.)

Thanks.

BTW - I thought it was funny how many didnt take the offer serious the first time, then saw a number of people start making $100 each for simply submitting. Several have gotten paid at least $300 so far just for submissions.. Those are over, now we have to have them all to decide on a designer once and for all.

Things you will need...a paypal account, phone#, and be available often till the site is complete. Put that stuff in a text file, and give me a link to that info along with your design submision. I have 2 more of the 25 sites coming up soon, so need to get this one done.. They all pay $1000 each, plus possible surprise bonus payments during the design period as some here have already found... Anyone wanna testify to that :D

Hmmm

Would it be ok if i resubmitted a design.....Just a standard design and someone else could be chosen to Code it up. You wouldnt need to pay me the full $1000 just 50%....just an idea.

hi, im a litle confused

wich jobs are open, 21ct or fog or both, and please can you give a deadline for the open job

thanks
aazevedo

Back