• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What do you mean when you say "backorder a domain"?

criticalx

Someone has bought the domain name I need, but the registrant only parked it. If I backorder the domain, will I be the owner of the domain after that registrant has his domain name expired? Please help give me a good strategy on how to get that domain name I need. Thanks.

Your best bet is trying to contact the current owner and making them an offer on it.

Backordering a domain isn't a guarantee you'll ever get it. The current owner still has the ability to renew it first, plus there is also a 30-day grace period after the domain "expires" before anyone else can register it.

I agree, your best chance to get the domain would be to contact the owner and make an offer. If the registration expires and you are the only who has backordered that domain only then you get the domain, if there are others who have backordered the same domain it will go into an auction and the best bid gets the domain.

Back