• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

what do you prefer?

panagirik

I wonder how often you use an additional domain registration of you hosting company or you prefer to reg it only with the domain registrars. Many companies provide this kind of services.
Share your feelings about that.
Thanks! :)

I like to keep mine all in one place but sometimes have to use others for transfers and the like.

panagirik, and we do separate them. They are different things and if our customer decide to me he move with his domain name.

One of my hosts offers it, but I don't use it. I prefer to use a registrar.

i use dynadot. It allows me to keep all of my domains in one place and i have control over my domain :)

Do you use dynadot.com hosting services?
I think that if a hosting company is an ICANN-accredited registrar and abides to all the policies if ICANN, offer you the domain namу control panel you are quite comfortable with plus the support service you need, I don't think you should go somewhere else.
If you reg your domains with your host, is the fact of being ICANN-accredited an important issue for you?

I think that it is not necesary to be ICANN acreditated to provide domain name registrationj in honest way. I'd say that all depends on web hosting company honesty in providing domain name registration as treseller or ICANN acreditated company as well.

I personally use namecheap.com
I also have to tell my clients that my domain name prices are higher because I am NOT a domain registrar.

I think that it is not necesary to be ICANN acreditated to provide domain name registrationj in honest way. I'd say that all depends on web hosting company honesty in providing domain name registration as treseller or ICANN acreditated company as well.

You have to at least go through one at the very least, or it won't happen.
(Various domainnames use different registrars top level)

turnover about $70.000
to get ICCANN accreditation. Yes you are right.
And that's why most of web hosting companies are resellers. That is not main for them. And once one of them had scammed someone - people gave up trust web hosting company as domain name registrar.

I have heard that the company must have an annual turnover about $70.000. Am I right?
you mean to get thru the process if ICANN accreditation? Yes, that's absolutely true, and there are some more other requirements you are supposed to meet to become ICANN-accredited regiistrar.

There are a lot more requirements you would 'HAVE' to meet, not just turnover - that can be faked.

There are a lot more requirements you would 'HAVE' to meet, not just turnover - that can be faked.
But it's the most important thing IMO otherwise your company will never be ICANN-accredited. Take HqHost.net, this company just resells from Directi.com.

Last edited:
But it's the most important thing IMO otherwise your company will never be ICANN-accredited. Take HqHost.net, this company just resells from Directi.com.

Its common to see hosting companies have a domain reseller. For example, we have a domain reseller through godaddy, so we can get the same services at a cheaper price.

I would say look for a trustworty webhosting company who has been around for a while. The company does not necessarily have to be a registrar. It is usually convenient to keep all your domains in one place.

Back