• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you have a website, you cannot just build it and place it on your computer and have it visible online. You have to have it "Hosted" on a web server for it to be online. That is where the "Host" comes in. You pay (or get a free account) for the webhost to host your website.

Hosting is where you upload/store your data and information on the internet servers/storage in the form of files, pages and websites.

I think you need to start your learning the subject from wikipedia.org. I Think that is the best source with tons of useful information. Then you may start asking more specific questions here on the forum.

A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to make their own website accessible via the World Wide Web. Web hosts are companies that provide space on a server they own or lease for use by their clients as well as providing Internet connectivity, typically in a data center. Web hosts can also provide data center space and connectivity to the Internet for servers they do not own to be located in their data center, called colocation.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_hosting

Whenever you want to start a new website, you need to register the domain name with Web-Hosting companies (like Godaddy.com and hostgator.com).
Hosting is a Business of serving and maintaining files for one or more web-sites.

You need hosting solution in order to run your web sites.
I recommend that you investigate thoroughly any host before signing up.
Read independent customer hosting reviews.

I agree with Build-a Host. When you have a website, you cannot just build it and place it on your computer and have it visible online. You have to have it "Hosted" on a web server for it to be online.

Before you want to host your site, please make sure you read the feedback from that provider as ServerPoint said.

------------------------------------------
Regards

ASPHostPortal
"Do good things, and good things will come to you”

Web hosting is a type of Internet hosting service which provide the accessibility to any individuals and organizations, for their own website via the World Wide Web.

Moreover, you should register short, unique, memorable and catchy domain name and then host it with web hosting provider (reliable and trustworthy).

“Hosting” means the service provided by a seller which offers for the storage of web pages and files. They give you a specific space for your WebPages which allows them to show on the internet.

Hello,
Very easy hosting is - Web Hosting is a computer (server), typically in a secure location that is powered on 24 hours a day 365 days a year and has a fast connection to the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back