• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What is it with technology?

Meksilon

NLC
Am I missing something or is Bluray the most useless format ever invented? It can't be used unencrypted - so no making your own discs, it can't be played back on PC without loading the entire architecture, so no opening .AVI/MKV/MP4 (etc) in your favourite player and playing it directly, and it's just a downright nuisance. I mean, if I play television on my PC through my tuner card and I record that I can play it back in whatever media player I want, burn it to disc and play it anywhere... if I go to ABC's website and download my favourite show it comes to me as an unencrypted .MP4 and I can play it with whatever software I want. Just seems utterly ridiculous to me that in 2010 they're still peddling this heavily encrypted content to consumers. I mean it's not like they print books on dark-red paper to stop photocopying, or as if CD's contain encrypted music, or even online purchased .mp3's contain encryption. The movie industry needs to wake up to themselves and start producing a decent product, not an encrypted piece of junk that requires speciality software to play.

f.t.r. I love converting my DVD's into .AVI's so I can have them in the format I want and so I can IVTC/Deinterlace/25fps-->24fps, crop, apply filters etc, etc; I think they're better than the original DVD. They be all like "we small now and better for the PC" and I iz like "sweeet".

This is why we should have gone the HD-DVD route, even if it was inferior in capacity.

But there is a caveat to blu-ray though. And that is blu-ray devices will not play unless all digitally connected devices acknowledge the DRM.

Except for one small problem with the whole idea of encrypted DVDs. Someone succeeded in brute forcing the encryption, and recovered a working master key. Meaning the entire concept of encrypting the disk is already moot.

Either way, I've been progressively building larger and larger storage arrangements and storing all of my albums that way instead of relying on removeable discs that constantly get scratched to being unplayable.

because it's good for big corp business. I didn't see the fad with over the top HD stuff, still don't [only with certain things, not on EVERYTHING]. I think the 3DTV that is coming out is also useless. It's television for christ sake. I hate 3D movies, I think the new Saw 3D is going to be ----. It will destroy what Saw was, with it being front facing cameras to play on the 3D angle.

Nobody likes DRM, and companies are actually starting to realise that. Compared to a couple of years ago, content that you can buy online has gone way down in terms of DRM-only, and it's still going away. Even some games don't have DRM any more.

And yeah, I not a fan of 3D, and it's definitely just a fad - although I'm not sure if I've seen a film made with 3d cameras (just post-processed). Jackass 3D looks pretty awesome though.

I hate 3D movies, I think the new Saw 3D is going to be ----. It will destroy what Saw was, with it being front facing cameras to play on the 3D angle.
I'm looking forward to it. The fact they "combined" the plot of VII and VIII into a single film should benefit it too. Just hope they don't release three different versions of it like Saw III! Seriously though, the plot is more coherant than Lucas' plot for SWI-VI!

Maybe it's an Error between Chair and Keyboard. ;)

I've seen some bluray rips, maybe you just haven't found the right software. Or Better yet... Get a video capture card and record the Bluray into a file format.

Last edited:
im going of topic to say what im surprised hasnt been said yet. HOLY CRAP MEKSILON IS BACK!!!??!?!???!!??!

back on topic, i dont know much about bluray to comment.

They recently figured out the key for the encryption anyway, so if you can't already, soon you'll be able to decode the stream.

Back