• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What Kind of Car do you drive?

stu's car:

subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-101.jpg

except mine is silver.

I have always wanted an Impreza. I bow down stu.

i drive an 83 monte carlo that i am trying to find a place to store currently. damn snow.

a dirtbag 97 civic because I don't drive anywhere and when I do i like to get 34mpg. I've had my share of super/sports cars, I just can't keep them around, I feel bad spending that kind of money on something that depreciates so fast haha

What I Think Of The EVO & Impreza (Not That You Care),
I hate them. They are overrated turboed out 4 cylinder cars that go 0-60MPH in less than 4 seconds. What made me hate them is the little spoiled rich kids get a hold of them and think they're ruling the street racing scene. Maybe if you get the $35,000+ you spent on buying the Evo or STi, and invest them on a good ol' muscle car, You'll see that you will get what you bargained for. Those 4WD cars top out at 9 seconds on the 1/4 mile but the big bad RWD Mustangs, Camaros, LS1's, and GTO's can go lower :]

I'm not flaming you for having one, I'm just speaking my mind. :D

What I Think Of The EVO & Impreza (Not That You Care),
I hate them. They are overrated turboed out 4 cylinder cars that go 0-60MPH in less than 4 seconds. What made me hate them is the little spoiled rich kids get a hold of them and think they're ruling the street racing scene. Maybe if you get the $35,000+ you spent on buying the Evo or STi, and invest them on a good ol' muscle car, You'll see that you will get what you bargained for. Those 4WD cars top out at 9 seconds on the 1/4 mile but the big bad RWD Mustangs, Camaros, LS1's, and GTO's can go lower :]

I'm not flaming you for having one, I'm just speaking my mind. :D

Evos and STis are unbeatable in the 1/8th mile.

Also, they will destroy any muscle car in the twisties... or rally... or really anything with a turn.

1/4 & 1/8 .. they still suck :p They don't have enough power to weight ratio to run as fast as muscle cars. o_O

Besides, You have to watch at what RPM you launch because if you overrev it, You will stress your tranny and blow it :D Because on AWD Cars, All the power goes to the transmission when you first launch. I've seen many STi's & Evo's blown their tranny. So, That's no good.

Also, they will destroy any muscle car in the twisties... or rally... or really anything with a turn.

I have to say that it pisses me off to no end when people say something like this.

Comparing a car that is purpose built for a particular situation to car that was built without that scenario in mind and using that as a means of establishing the first car as being better is just pointless.

By that logic I could say... an STi will never pull the front wheels off the ground and sound like a beast (please note: beast, not bumble-beast), so it must suck. Well it will never do those things because that wasn't what it was built for.

Just because a car can't handle the road you're interested in doesn't make it bad.

Hey buddy, Does that video prove you wrong? Who says a mustang can't be good at a turn at high speeds? :eek2:

Get your facts straight first :lol:

Hey buddy, Does that video prove you wrong? Who says a mustang can't be good at a turn at high speeds? :eek2:

Get your facts straight first :lol:

Hey buddy, drift = understeering != not turning good.

RWD > AWD in drift. That's a fact. AWD takes a ---- load of effort to slide the rear. The video proves absolutely nothing except that you are truly clueless if you think drifting is a testament to a cars handling.

I have to say that it pisses me off to no end when people say something like this.

Comparing a car that is purpose built for a particular situation to car that was built without that scenario in mind and using that as a means of establishing the first car as being better is just pointless.

By that logic I could say... an STi will never pull the front wheels off the ground and sound like a beast (please note: beast, not bumble-beast), so it must suck. Well it will never do those things because that wasn't what it was built for.

Just because a car can't handle the road you're interested in doesn't make it bad.

I completely agree with you. Muscle cars and imports cannot be compared because each one has their strengths. But CobraX seems convinced that muscle cars are high and mighty in every category.

Don't get me wrong, I love domestics cars too. But I simply enjoy imports more. And screw pistons. :wave:

Hey buddy, drift = understeering != not turning good.

RWD > AWD in drift. That's a fact. AWD takes a ---- load of effort to slide the rear. The video proves absolutely nothing except that you are truly clueless if you think drifting is a testament to a cars handling.

FYI; It is against the regulations of D1GP & Formula-D (The Event Seen On The Video) to compete with AWD cars. Therefore, The Evo was converted into RWD. By the way, It's nearly impossible to spin out while drifting on an AWD car. The Evo should be the perfect drifting car if AWD was allowed. What's your excuse for not being able to slide it?

One video does not prove anything, also it depends on the driver handling the vehicle as well not just the car it self. Both types have their pros n cons and when put under the right conditions favoring one type would you see that type win. lol your debate will keep going on and on :p

Last edited:
Back