• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What you think is the best specs to run a gaming dedicated server

What you think is the best specs to run a gaming dedicated server. I want to open a game hosting and want to have like some good number of slots what you think the best server will be for it.

What you think is the best specs to run a gaming dedicated server. I want to open a game hosting and want to have like some good number of slots what you think the best server will be for it.

You need much more information than that.

• What game(s)
  • How many slots per server
  • How many games per server
  • What section of the US are you going to start with first
  • Do you know how to administrate the games you will be serving
  • Have many thousands of capital to start up
  • Know about line speeds, pings, bandwidth, throughput, ect
If you are serious about this, I would start by asking AvailNetworks on here and getitnga startup package from him. He knows the game serving industry.

I think that you will have many competitors with your new business. If you want to be a hosting provider - try start with reseller package.

of course it isnt plus, it wouldnt work, i think im right in saying that you actually need a server ?? ( maybe im wrong but ...)

of course it isnt plus, it wouldnt work, i think im right in saying that you actually need a server ?? ( maybe im wrong but ...)

Yes you're right. Sometimes large VPS's will work, but 90% of the time you need a panelless dedicated machine. After you get the server you will have to install your own game control panel which range from free to 15 or 20$ a month.

Back