• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

What's up with Bush and Saddam

Originally posted by murat

call me a slavefreehistory of any nation
and dont forget, the europeans brought the slaves to america, and after they melt in the pot, the americans stopped this slave thing
facism was started by europeans and stopped by americans

It took America a century to eliminate slavery, and even afterwards, whites still mistreated blacks. The KKK was formed after the Civil War, and killed countless amounts of minorities. In fact, whites in the South continued to ritually torture blacks in the street until the Civil Rights Movement. The treatment of the Jews was not any better.

well, iam not

But you're Turkish! I was referring to the Iraqi being Muslim.

i remember to something i saw in turkish tv, 2 iraqi girls got killed by iraq regime coz they didnt wear this things and loughed in public

Really? That's interesting. For some reason, I don't believe it. It's possible that the media was twisting the story or the policemen simply shot the girls without permission from higher authorities.

america cant be everywhere, after the taliban, they ll clean out iraq after that north korea and then somalia

do you dislike africans ? or why you the usa to
well, i dont know much places in africa where the usa could change something...
I don't dislike Africans. In fact, I feel just the opposite. I feel that Africans deserve more attention for their suffering. Seriously, the Iraqi people aren't suffering that much. They still have some food on the table, and they have jobs. In Africa, famines have ravaged the continent, and the United States refuses to publicize such important news. For example, I bet you wouldn't know that it hasn't rained in many parts of southern Africa for two years. A million people will die in Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, and Tanzania by March (and that's not including death tolls from wars)...and yet we don't care. It's time to set our priorities straight.

Originally posted by Webdude
Ok...so it is better to avoid war and let a dictator kill the kids at his whim, instead of us taking out his government and possibily killing kids unintentionally? In the long run, I think less kids would die if we went to war.....unless nukes get involved. God I hope all sides avoid using nukes. Once one launches, the rest wont be far behind.

God, I sure hope they don't end up using nukes. That would certainly be the start of a new world war...and I'm not sure if too many people will side with America. :(

I have no problem in helping people move to the U.S. as long as they promise to work hard, make something of themselves, and not abuse our welfare systems. However, I am more inclined to help people in my own country because I feel I have the obligation to do so rather than someone in some other country.

I actually agree with that for the most part, except I would much rather see my money being used to help illegal immigrants than those lazy-assed people who refuse to work and live off of social welfare.

I also think my arrogance is more pride in how I have lived my life, where I was, and that fact I got to where I am now by my own means, not someone else's. Arrogance is a pride where you look down your nose at others, I dont do that. I believe all people are equal.....and in reality maybe I dont think even Saddam is all that bad considering our media is only going to report our side. We go into those countries bullying our agenda's onto them....I wouldnt sit back and take it either if I was Saddam. I do know that now people are put to death there for such things as stealing a fruit, but that's a side effect of our sanctions on them. I think the People of the U.S. want to do the right thing, but our Government is going about it all the wrong way. I'm not saying that Saddam is good, but I sure would like to go to Iraq and see it all for myself, not what the media reports. Then I could decide for myself who is in the right. I'm sure both sides do a lot of good, both sides do a lot of bad. Those things are so tied up into each other that we can never decide who's right. On a simplistic level....a husband and wife argue about what color the walls should be. Who is wrong? AFter their eventual divorce, both sides tend to exaggerate about the other's bad side, it's propaganda. I dont believe for a second Saddam goes around killing children at his own whim.....or many of the other things our Government claims he does either. He talks bad about us to his people....but our Governments do the same with us.

Well said.

Back