• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which Forum Script to Use

aggiedude

I am setting up a website that will only be live for roughly six months. My client wishes to place a message board on the site. So I am thinking something small, easy to use, I would really love it if I could integrate it into my design without much effort. But I am just thinking that phpBB is gonna be a bit much for this small website. Any suggestions?

hmmm, why is phpBB too big for the website? Anyways, I don't know what OvBB is... so I'd say try SMF. It's simple and elegant enough

phpBB is highly customizable.

But on it's own it gets spammed easily unless you install mods, which is easy if you search for a program call "Easymod"

MyBB has always been my favourite. I don't even know what the hell an RPG modification is and i'm 90% certain most sites don't need it, so that won't be a problem.

Yep try either MyBB or SMF either are quick and easy to set up - especially since it's a short term I assume the standard themes and stuff will be fine.

Back