• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which Free Web Hosting Do You Recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arslan220

Which Free Web Hosting Do You Recommend? i need free web hosting without ads i used sitesled.com but they disabled my account for no reason have any suggestions.

Not all free hosts force ads.

true, but i tell you now. alot of them think about it.
since there isn't much money in it, and donations don't go along way, if you get any at all that is, then the only option is, ads or shut down.

explain how free hosting makes alot of profit, and loss of money either means forcing ads to make the loss - even, or by closing down.
i don't get how my statement is false.

Your statement is false because it is not true at least for us. How a free hosting earn "a lot" of profit is out of the question, since if ever there is...it will be a million dollar question...thus, a trade secret to keep.

Ads on the host main website, ads on the forum, donations, paid hosting accounts, etc.

If you have a creative mind you'll find many ways on how to earn money ;-)

Sometimes I think we don't have one...otherwise we won't be offering free web hosting that has no forum posting required and no forced ads either. It seems that we are still searching where on earth have we lost our minds since two years back...(kidding).
I was only trying to show that there are ways to get money out of free hosting. Offcourse there are host that are just being generous, but if you're not generous you'll have to get money out of it one way or another... Otherwise, chances are great you'll disappear.

Last edited:
I was only trying to show that there are ways to get money out of free hosting. Offcourse there are host that are just being generous, but if you're not generous you'll have to get money out of it one way or another... Otherwise, chances are great you'll disappear.

Even if the host is generous it cannot last for long with no ads, because they'll get too many members.

I can recommend GeoCities and Tripod, they have been providing free hosting for more than 10 years :)

Zac

I'd like to just make an input here. Each free host works differently and runs for different reasons, it's not fair to make general assumptions about them.

Well, back when I used free hosting, I found http://www.t35.com/ to be the best one, despite their server speed bumps (but what do you expect for free?). They were also the last free host I used. That's just my opinion though (and take note that was over five years ago, so that's a terribly outdated opinion).

Last edited:
Not as outdated as you might think Cracker. T35 is still running strong from what I hear. As for how good their service is, I couldn't tell you, but their owner/staff comes around here still from time to time to advertise (not their free unlimited plan tho!)

I think it depends exactly what you are looking for.

Some free web hosts offer features that sometimes aren't included in a paid hosting plan. To offset this priviledge though, free web hosts may put ads on your website. Different free hosts advertise diffently, some may not even place any adverts at all.

Doing some research on both free and paid hosting may prove useful, as there are lots of factors and advantages to consider.

Free hosting doesn't make profit -_- it's already difficult to cut losses.
Hey I wouldn't generalize like this, if free hosting was not worth the time to offer then there shouldn't be so many trying to do so (trying because most fail .. due to different reasons, but most due to lack of technical background, initial investment and last but not least persevearance!).
We actually started back in 2003 and we are still profitable and still offering one of the longest lasting free hosting services withouf ads on the market (both Awardspace.com and Atspace.com).
We even developed a free reseller program (ResellerCluster.com) that anyone can signup and offer also free hosting at no cost ... and yes there are ways to get money out of the free hosting .. you can sell paid hosting ... etc stuff but as other members said it is a trade secret. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back