• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which is the best free host?

Which is the best free host?

• JLHost - [url]www.jlhost.com[/url]

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • My3Host - [url]www.my3host.com[/url]

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Hippohost - [url]www.hippohost.net[/url]

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • None of above!

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters
It's my mistake when I listed only 3 hosting providers here. But, I have my reansons:
1 - I have tried these host and they are really good, really fast. They are my recommendations for anyone who need a host.
2 - I can not remember all of hosting providers here. That's why i put the 4th choice for you.
3 - I want to thank them so much. Their host is not only really good but also they are nice webmasters/supporters.

So, keep talking about which is the best free host. I will make a summary about all of them and create another poll (max=10 choices :() because i dont have permission to edit this poll.

Until now, we have following new free hosting providers:
4) RTG - www.rtgasia.com
5) ClubHostCity - www.clubhostcity.com
6) VPHost - www.vphost.net
7) Offline-Hosting - www.offlife-hosting.com

So, there are only 2 empty choices left ^_^. Who don't want to be in the list?

Last edited:
Sir, we appreciate your voting us in but www.rtgasia.com is the main site to our internet cafe. Our hosting page is on host.rtgasia.com.

As for the remaining two, I repeat, I vote tripod and yahoo. :)

No, I'm in a different league from you... :)

You MIGHT be MY competitor in a year or two if you are serious about free hosting...
But I have seen so many free hosts come and go that I'm not really too worried :)
When the going gets tough most free hosts throw in the towel...

talkhost said:
No, I'm in a different league from you... :)

You MIGHT be MY competitor in a year or two if you are serious about free hosting...
But I have seen so many free hosts come and go that I'm not really too worried :)
When the going gets tough most free hosts throw in the towel...
Do I understand correctly that you don't consider anyone competition
who has not been around "as long as you"?

If that is the case ...

WOW! I didn't realize that we don't have any competition at all! ROFL :tongue2:

Seriously though, Talkhost is right about one point though and that is that many
of the newbie free hosts do fail very quickly. We have been open almost 9 years
and in that time, we have seen thousands of other hosts rise and fall and nothing
will ever change about that. Newbie hosts either survive or they don't and there
really isn't much in between.

Last edited:
A year or 2? talkhost, No chinese business takes a year or 2 to grow. Either they do it in months or they sink.

Besides, a year is not in our dictionary for plans. Its too long a tome, we are more aiming for maybe 10 months? :)

amz said:
Do I understand correctly that you don't consider anyone competition
who has not been around "as long as you"?

If that is the case ...

WOW! I didn't realize that we don't have any competition at all! ROFL :tongue2:

Seriously though, Talkhost is right about one point though and that is that many
of the newbie free hosts do fail very quickly. We have been open almost 9 years
and in that time, we have seen thousands of other hosts rise and fall and nothing
will ever change about that. Newbie hosts either survive or they don't and there
really isn't much in between.

AMZ, I didn't say anything about the length of time a host has been around..
My point was there are now too many kids who get themselves a reseller account and offer ridiculous packages that just cannot be justifiably sustained.
Most of these kids clients end up at a host like us, after several attempts to find a decent free hosting provider..
The reason being, I don't treat my free hosting clients like second class citizens, and they get the full support that would probably embarrass most payed hosting companies.. And I've been around long enough for my free clients to know that I'm serious about free hosting..
I'm also serious about paid hosting. Which is why I have not sold a single package in the 14 months I have been hosting. I will only sell hosting once I have everything set up to support paid hosting.. And at the moment I cannot provide the support of a pro hosting company because I still work alone ( I'm sure most hosts here also work alone but could they handle a major crisis alone?) I don't think so. Most of them don't even own a server.
Until I have staff I will not charge for hosting. I have many clients who have asked for a paid package and even reseller packages, and have been given them for free on the understanding that they will cost money when TalkHost goes live with paid hosting...

NetCafe said:
A year or 2? talkhost, No chinese business takes a year or 2 to grow. Either they do it in months or they sink.

Besides, a year is not in our dictionary for plans. Its too long a tome, we are more aiming for maybe 10 months? :)
Well good luck... You have just convinced me that your business plan is a recipe for disaster.
And what is with this "WE" business?
Once again I'll bring this up. Kids in their bedroom does not constitute "WE"
Try saying "ME" and maybe you will get some more respect for admitting that you are not a multi-national company, but someone with some drive and ambition that may become a "WE" if you work hard.

Last edited:
"AMZ, I didn't say anything about the length of time a host has been around..
My point was there are now too many kids who get themselves a reseller account and offer ridiculous packages that just cannot be justifiably sustained." - That however, I concur.

"Well good luck... You have just convinced me that your business plan is a recipe for disaster." - Well, we shall see to that.

We may not be as old as you on hosting but we are not new on the net mind you. We have been playing around on the net long before there was HTTP to start with.

* Just curious: Is any of your site (past or present) ranked remotely close to within 2000 on Alexa? Well, we have and not just one. So please dont try to sell the impression that you are the "ONE" when you are not even close.

Last edited:
We mean simple we. me and those in our network of sites.

Anyway, I have no stones to pick with you, to each his own.

No worries mate, I have no bones to pick with anyone.
But over the past few months the standard of hosts on this site has crashed considerably. I'm not saying any host in particular but the standards need to be set at a level where a newbie cannot open a reseller account then declare himself as the best free host since sliced bread.
It seems that the mod and admin team don't really care who declares themselves as a free host..
This forum sends a lot of traffic to my site so I am not trying to bite the hand that feeds me, but a little more control is required, because over the last few months I have witnessed a real decline that needs to be addressed..

Same here, we are not here to pick squabbles with anyone and I cannot but agree with you on how this forum is being "watched" at the moment.

It appears some mods are rendering personal feelings when it comes to moderating rather than stick to the AUP or TOS. For example, "unlimited" is supposed to be taboo and when I tried posting that on my offers, my message got deleted but I see tons of "unlimited" everywhere!

What to do?

randomheaven, why do you say that? At least many of us dont charge for hosting or require banners for some accounts, these aint free, then what is?

Back