• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Which payment types are the best?

MaT22

Hello there,

Well I recently was thinking about buying ClientExec and 2 Checout for payment types for a hosting company. Im not sure which one is the best and which one has the best fraud detection and if it defends chargebacks.

I know of ClientExec, ModerBill and I heard 2 Checkout is very good for credit card payments but I need to know which one is the best or is there any other good payment type. ??

Well hope I get some response.
Thanks.
Bye.

The billing system such as modern bill, clientexec, whmcs, whmap, etc all depends on your company and your needs. I recommend using www.authorize.net or 2checkout.com to charge credit cards. Both work rather nicely. Also, I recommend adding paypal as an option as many buyers today find that as a fast and safe payment method to use.

I would suggest one of the major billing companies (ce, mb, ubersmith) and get a REAL merchant account and paypal.

www.e-onlinedata.com/psoft has excellent deals on merchant account setup and the service is mighty nice as well

you can accept e-gold, stormpay, and any one of 20,000 payment systems if you really want to get it all covered. My personal feelings is that if someone cannot pay with a cc or paypal I am not interested in their business, more trouble than it is worth.

I have paypal bust im just wondering which of these credit card payment types are the best for detecting fraud and defending credit card chargebacks.
I heard that clientexec is great but does it have a good fraud detection? I also heard that 2Checkout is great but does it defend chargebacks from credit cards incase of fraud?

well clientexec is not a merchant, its a billing system, takes the order. So that isnt what your looking for when it comes to accepting funds

for fraud detection you are going to need an extra service like fraudguardian or something along those lines. CE, MB, etc are just simply the billing system.

for fraud nothing beats manual scanning in addition to a fraud detection suite.

yes i do need a billing system... So clientexec was recomended. I have paypal so I can use it with that but I need some kind of fraud detection too and i need a merchant which would accept credit cards just like 2checkout but it needs to defend chargebacks incase of fraud.

as far as "defending chargebacks" goes....fraud is fraud, it is your responsibility as a merchant who accepts these forms of payment to check orders for fraud. no merchant account provider or even 2checkout will reimburse you if you take in a fraud order and you happen to provide service to the client. write it off as a loss and move on, thats about the only recourse you will have at that point

Modernbill is recommended, we use it and it is just over the top.
2checkout takes 1-24 hours to verify the credit card payment and after that they email you saying Order review - Pass or Fail .. This can be helpful in reducing the losses caused by fradulent clients. However, refunds that 2checkout give to buyers are the only risky thing, because the buyer can have 180 days to request a refund for any reason and 2CO will refund the buyer immediately without your permission.

AvailNetworks said:
as far as "defending chargebacks" goes....fraud is fraud, it is your responsibility as a merchant who accepts these forms of payment to check orders for fraud. no merchant account provider or even 2checkout will reimburse you if you take in a fraud order and you happen to provide service to the client. write it off as a loss and move on, thats about the only recourse you will have at that point

LOL... if you can see some people will use a stolen PayPal or something and if I do not know that how am I soposed to know it has been stolen???? Thats why im asking of Fraud detection LOL.

EL OH EL!!!!!........not sure where the humor lies in my statement.

what I was saying is that if you get an order from kentucky, kansas, whatever and the client ip address is from a place very far away from there.....well you get the idea. Generally people do not order webhosting while vacationing in malaysia or the outskirts of israel, etc.

fraud detection is nowhere even remotely near 100% foolproof which is why I had said previously there is no substitute for manual verification, which may include making a phone call and relying on your gut feeling.

By experience you can start catching more fraud by your gut feelings mainly and by other things like the client name, email, paypal address, domain name ordered...etc

It works alot of time but sometimes you will have to eat up the loss.

I use ClientExec and PayPal. I don't like any other payment processor (I don't like PayPal that much eitherway..)

So what do you say if I will use ClientExec for my billing and allow PayPal and moneybookers payments? will that be good? OR just stick to paypal and maybe in future get 2checkout??

i suggest check other merchant accounts that modernbill refers to on there website: list is below:

Merchant Accounts/Gateways:
- BluePay
- Authorize.Net
- Protx
- Velocity Pay
- PayPal
- PSIGate

Although i think the bold one seems nice since i emailed them and they have good fraud detection like ofer yo uccv2 and some other nice tools for you to detect.

Also what do you guys comment about Alertpay ?

I use WHMCS and paypal. I want to add an option of credit card payment, but I dont really understand it. Does the money just transfer from there bank account to mine?

Back