• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Why Ford is losing money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually on average Toyotas last much longer than Fords or GMs without having to get repairs -- and they cost less too.

I don't really want to get in another debate with you heymrdj (for reasons what I said at the end of the last thread), but there is no reason why toyotas etc can't sustain 80MPH and last for a long milage.

very true, and i agree with the whole debate thing too.

I hate such big --- cars. Did it also have 30" chromed spinning rims? :lol:

Lol that standard rims for the 07 Denali. I had room for myself, four friends, and all my vacation crgo INSIDE the vehicle. No tie down rack crap. Try doin that with a carolla.

I had room for myself, four friends, and all my vacation crgo INSIDE the vehicle. No tie down rack crap. Try doin that with a carolla.
I could manage with some tie down cargo for one week or something.
It's better then hauling useless heavy steel the other 360 days of the year.

Lol that standard rims for the 07 Denali. I had room for myself, four friends, and all my vacation crgo INSIDE the vehicle. No tie down rack crap. Try doin that with a carolla.

The cost of gas that you used to haul all that crap is about as much as you would if you made 2-3 trips back and forth to haul the crap in a Corolla.

In any case, every car I've ever driven never had a problem cruising at 80mph/120kmh. Ranging from a Kia Rio 96hp to a Volvo S60R 300hp. I remember the Kia was around 3500 rpm at 120kmh, but so what? I couldn't hear the engine through the stereo anyways, and it got literally 900km to a tank of gas.

How big is your gas tank?

My Corolla's tank is like 11 gallons and I can get around 400 miles on it.

I use about 15 gallons a week in my truck to drive back and forth to work, which is about 200 miles per week. Those are in town miles by the way. But I have a 27 gallon tank that can be pretty expensive if I don't fill up once a week. On the highway I can drive about 300 miles by the time I hit a half tank or just under going one way. When I got the truck, my idea was to use it for work purposes so it would pay for itself. But I really gotta find some decent paying jobs that are worth the mileage and time before thats possible.

When I had a Chevy Corsica 2litre 4 cylinder I could double that mileage on a full tank easily. I'll probably be going back to a 4 cylinder once the truck is paid off.

I could manage with some tie down cargo for one week or something.
It's better then hauling useless heavy steel the other 360 days of the year.

You need to come to the south with the Flash Thunderstorms. You can pass one exit in the sun, and have thunder and lightening with 3 in. of rain by the next exit :p.

Plus I needed the truck for work, hauls a boat and a trailer from the lumber supply yard for the next job.

I lived in the south for 10 years and our Toyota Camry station Wagon servered us faithfully for all that time and then some. It was only after 170,000 miles and several small accidents that it started not functioning as well.

You need to come to the south with the Flash Thunderstorms. You can pass one exit in the sun, and have thunder and lightening with 3 in. of rain by the next exit :p.
You're saying only a big --- 8cyl yukon can plow through a thunderstorm? :lol:

I don't really want to get in another debate with you heymrdj (for reasons what I said at the end of the last thread), but there is no reason why toyotas etc can't sustain 80MPH and last for a long milage.

Is your reason the same as mine?

That he's a idiot?

The cost of gas that you used to haul all that crap is about as much as you would if you made 2-3 trips back and forth to haul the crap in a Corolla.

In any case, every car I've ever driven never had a problem cruising at 80mph/120kmh. Ranging from a Kia Rio 96hp to a Volvo S60R 300hp. I remember the Kia was around 3500 rpm at 120kmh, but so what? I couldn't hear the engine through the stereo anyways, and it got literally 900km to a tank of gas.

And that would still only take half the time.

Last edited:
Is your reason the same as mine?

That he's a idiot?

And that would still only take half the time.

Nice edit nugi. I saw you say that he's a idiot. What you left out is AN idiot. If you're going to insult me, go back to grade school and learn your grammar so you can do it right.

Secondly, a corolla can't pull a 20ft tri-axle trailer, just time I checked. But my Ford Bronco does easily. 4,500lb load without a problem. More than 203 trips in a Carolla.

As for the Kia remark, its called lifespan. An engine only gets so many knocks, why waste 2000 of them per minute?

Also I never found Kia's reliable. My Uncle's broke down in 2.5 years at 48,000 miles.

Also I never found Kia's reliable. My Uncle's broke down in 2.5 years at 48,000 miles.

I never said Kia's are reliable.

In any case, my Hyundai has 190k miles and still running strong. I bounce it off the rev limiter at least once per day.

Nice edit nugi. I saw you say that he's a idiot. What you left out is AN idiot. If you're going to insult me, go back to grade school and learn your grammar so you can do it right.

Secondly, a corolla can't pull a 20ft tri-axle trailer, just time I checked. But my Ford Bronco does easily. 4,500lb load without a problem. More than 203 trips in a Carolla.

As for the Kia remark, its called lifespan. An engine only gets so many knocks, why waste 2000 of them per minute?

Have a look at your signature and ask me who screwed up more?
And yes I'm not good at English, better that then being a jackass.

they other aspect of Ford losing money is that they probably arent as focused on the ford line as much cause the luxury car market is booming now, and they own Lincoln, Range Rover, Jaguar, and other companies. so yeah, may be losing money on the ford line, but not all around i dont think.

METHOD! You forgot Aston Martin FFS! But they selling them again, (YAY!)

Last edited:

Is that part of your job? For most people it isn't. And if it is they go and rent a truck for a day.

Kias are ----, and are known to be ----. They're not reliable.

Last edited:
Have a look at your signature and ask me who screwed up more?
And yes I'm not good at English, better that then being a jackass.

THAN, not then, THAN.

As for the signature, I decided to leave it this way because the IMG code is disabled here. So I left it so the link still works and the site running the program gets its proper credit.

TM, even if I was a daily driver I'd use a truck. Guess who live in a crash. I am not going to put my life on the line with all the drunk dum----s out there today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back