• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Windows 7

It's much more stable and less resource hungry. And it's compatible with all vista programs. Though many programs will say that it's not compatible. Just run the program in compatibility mode for vista and it'll run fine.

More stable and less resource hungry - are these findings that you've discovered by using the OS or through something you've read?

Do you even know what stable means? How is a pre-beta release going to be more stable than a stable release?

1. Read and found out by using the os.

2. Of course it's not as stable, it just feels really stable compared to the longhorn and vista pre-betas.

Feels? How vague.

You still have yet to mention something that you've found to be better. If I didn't know any better I'd say this whole topic was simply you showing off that you've got Windows 7.

The backbone is Vista, the system coding is Vista, the whole WINDOWS directory is Vista's files, just with Windows 7 bits inside, the icons are Vista, the taskbar is ----ing ugly, and it's a pathetic piece of ---- to be honest!

Vista FTW, 7 FTL! David, why the ---- upgrade to Windows 7?!?!

Because all the ignorant Vista haters will still hate it. They have to start with a new brand name otherwise no one will try it.

Let them use a Mac. They're only hurting themselves :p
But seriously, if it looks like Vista, uses the same source as Vista, the only thing they say is different is the resource requirement, then who would buy it (I bet the majority of Vista users never bought it from the shop/Microsoft, they got it preinstalled.), seeing it's not much change from Vista? So even with a rename I still see that people will think of it as Vista.

There is a huge spark of interest from people all around. We`ll see if Microsoft can reclaim the praise of a good OS.

But they should realise, they wont. Specially with the rebranding, that's just more advertising.

But they should realise, they wont. Specially with the rebranding, that's just more advertising.

*annoying buzzer sound* fail. you are wrong my friend. they WILL make money if they re-brand or not. people that want the latest thing will get it cause it is something new, not a vista update. and the PC manufacturers will put it on comps instead of vista. so, they will make money, and plenty of it. personally, i am going to turn my PC into a server/paperweight, and buy a mac. tired of viruses and other crap that goes wrong on a pc.

How will they make profit? That means they've already lost money on Vista, since they've just started the whole advertising campaign, when it comes to the release of Windows 7, they'd have to readvertise, and any previous copies of Vista sold will be useless - so why will many BUY this OS when they just forked out $300+ on Vista?

Why downgrade your computer to a Mac? :S

downgrade? man, have you used a mac in the last couple years? i seriously HATED mac with a passion until the last couple years. i have been using them more and more, adn they are just incredible.

as for vista, microsoft is smarter than you are giving them credit for man. for any copies of vista out there, im sure that microsoft will find a way to sell them, and yeah, it might cost $300 + for us to buy it, it cost them about half a cent to make the disk. they will probably do something like tell companies that they will not support XP anymore and that they must upgrade to at least Vista and they will get a discount or something. and the companies wont want windows 7 cause it is new and they will think it is to buggy, and go with vista instead.

Back