• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

wordpress categories

GeorgeB

Chairman/CEO TMCG
NLC
What widget/mod could I use, so when I am creating posts and putting them into sub categories, they only show up in that sub category, and NOT the parent category?

The newer versions of WP you could do this using Menus and create a custom menu.. and then added that to custom menu widget.

George, why don't you show us a live link to your wordpress installation, so we could take a better look ?

http://blog.tmcgnetwork.com/ is where wordpress is currently installed.

For now, the categories are alright. However, how can I set it, so that the newest blog entries show up at the top of the page, instead of at the bottom. I have it set for it to show at top, but it doesn't?

Aboutweb:

I apologize for wasting your time. It was a very stupid moment on my part, unfortunately. I read those articles, when to each post, and the first post that I made, I put it as a sticky. No wonder it shows up first lol.

Also, I am using the Collapsing Categories mod for WP. Does anyone know how to make all the categories appear, even if they do not have a blog entry in them?

i would have to look at the php end of it, but, im sure it has something like an if statement saying something like...

PHP:
if ($count > 0) :
//do something to show categories
endif;

so, if there is, you would have to change it. pretty simple fix.

i would have to look at the php end of it, but, im sure it has something like an if statement saying something like...

PHP:
if ($count > 0) :
//do something to show categories
endif;

so, if there is, you would have to change it. pretty simple fix.

Im not sure. I have seen plenty of other blogs that would have categories with no posts in them, so I am trying to figure out how to make my blog the same way.

choose categories from left hand tool panel
then choose edit from the sub category
the sub category's parent category is by default none
select from drop down parent category that is required and save
it will work

Back