• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

You Joined FWS Becuase...

Why did you join?

• Offering Services

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Looking for Reviews

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Can't Recall

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Other - Will disclose below

Votes: 17 43.6%

• Total voters
Joined after seeking reviews for some dedicated server companies, then couldn't resist coming back due to the forum being so friendly.

There actually isn't one member i dislike

I was looking for free hosting because I was fed up of freewebs and the other rubbish free webhosting type sites.

I then got a free host, which died, and then I got a different one, it died. This happened a few times. I then bought shared, got bored. Then a reseller, created a free host, too much spam, tried again a few months later, still too much spam. I then started a phpbb host, got bored, too much spam also.

And then I did loads of stuff in between and now I own 3 proxy websites, which I am making some nice revenue off. Probably going to add some more in september (when the kids get back to school in UK & USA). And have got some other project ideas I want to start, which will hopefully be more successful that the free hosts, which I got bored of.

I'm also hoping to hit my 1,000 posts here sometime this year :p And also the same at DP. Oh, And i also want to get my gadget forum going again after it died because I got too busy and had too much other stuff to do with school.

When it becomes the 6 weeks holiday (UK Spring Break Type Thingy) I will hopefull sort out all my projects and do what I can in the very short time.

Emmm,, Quite surprising how a post about how I joined the forum progressed into my life story :p Sorry for wasting the 3 minutes of your life it took you to read this. :evilb:

None: I was looking for a host, not reviews, etc. I ended up being an active part of the community after while.

Originally looking for a ton of hosts, and for a while helped people find hosts. Eventually I found that we had a whole general forum with more than just conkermaniac. There I found home.

That's ok ...It was a good read. Besides, where else can you publish your life story for free? :p

Emmm,, Quite surprising how a post about how I joined the forum progressed into my life story :p Sorry for wasting the 3 minutes of your life it took you to read this. :evilb:

Peo was pretending to be a sexy chick on my ICQ, and promised I would get laid if I joined this forum.

One of those things turned out to be the truth though - me being sexy... lol.

I believe I joined this forum to see if vB would be better than wwwthreads.

Looking for a free host for my site/s! For some reason stuck around. Kept disappearing then reappearing and reappeared a couple of months ago and have started coming back almost daily now. :classic2:

Heh... me and Chicken had a tough job convincing a couple of members not to leave when we moved from wwwthreads to vB, including NC_Tom if I remember correctly.

I think Tom was still posting quite a bit after transfer to vB? He only left this forum a few years ago.

and the Netcabins venture didn't seem to have gone too well.

I joined FWS looking for free shoutcast hosting as far as I remember :p

Things were different at that time I guess

Back