• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Yupapa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya.. I was just thinking the same thing ValuableHost, f2s.com today seems to be slooowwww..

And Yupapa, lol he said freehosting. lol.

Oh yeah... and now we have 14 members... thanks to valuable host. This is the biggest team isn't it? Oh yeah, it is... Best too.

::Back to topic::

I am sure that donhost buys a whole lot of hardrives at the same time (which, by definition is wholesale) and would get a lot better price than some kid in argentina who buys one.

Price really depends on how far you go into the distribution chain and how many you buy. The more the cheaper, and the closer to the actual manufacturer, the cheaper. Prices for parts in general can go insanely cheap. I've seen some of the major wholesalers who can sell parts for almost less that 30% of the retail price, but you have to buy large quantities.

Actually, $100 for a 40GB HD isn't too good of a wholesale deal. I can just drop by my local computer store where a friend can hook me up.. Or I can always go to that white van in the dark alley, and get super deals :D

Yes, i said free, if you are interested bigperm, contact me and i'll set it up for you straight away :) thanks btw ;)
Originally posted by YUPAPA
Is that free?
FREEDOM TEAM stands for "FREE + FREEDOM", so he can't pay for 100MB of space!

Originally posted by bigperm
13 members of the Freedom Team vs. 1 Giancarlo... and you think we are the ones who are wrong? And I am sure that wholesale is around 40-50 bucks...

Are there any other teams than the Freedom Team??
Anyway, I seem to be the online one to agree with Giancarlo.. I don't believe Yupapa will last for long... we'll see who's right in a few months.

Grtz,
Nevermind

I contacted them!!
Hi.

I am not entirely sure, we use 36Gb Ultra 160 disks, I believe these are in the region of £250 each.

Kind Regards,

Adam Tinsley
Donhost Ltd.

##########################
Tel: +44 (0)800 956 7642
Fax: +44 (0)8707 41 51 07
http://www.donhost.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 03 July 2001 18:17
To: sales@donhost.co.uk
Subject: A strange question

This is a strange qusetion, and I hope you can answer it... but I am a member at the freewebspace.net forums, and we were talking about Donhost and their reseller program, and started on the topic of unlimited space. So I was wondering how much Donhost pays for their hard disk space. I am sure you buy it wholesale and we were wondering how much it costs you per gigabyte or megabyte.

Also, I was wondering how many of your users use 100mb of space or less. I don't know if you can answer that though.

Thanks
-Adam Ringeisen

£250 is the same as 354.18 USD. That is quite a bot... So they are paying 360 bucks for 36gb... hmm...

Valuablehost... check your pm...

Originally posted by Giancarlo
I still don't think so, 40GB cost $100 Wholesale, from the cheapest place I know.

It hasn't occured to you that Donhost buy at another price than you do?

<!--Oops. Didn't notice this was alredy said. Sorry folks. -->

Last edited:
I am not entirely sure, we use 36Gb Ultra 160 disks, I believe these are in the region of £250 each.
Originally posted by bigperm

£250 is the same as 354.18 USD. That is quite a bot... So they are paying 360 bucks for 36gb... hmm...

I think he means Ultra-3 SCSI 160, which uses the latest and fastest SCSI standard... SCSI drives ain't as cheap as IDE drives, quite pricey..

I agree with "meow", most hosts do get special prices and have contracts with the company etc.. No one here can tell other then the company itself.

Kindest Regards,
ValuableHost

$350 American Dollars? There is no way possible, with unmetered space can that amount be covered, there is absolutely no way. Especially when it is only 36.4GB, which is medium-sized for a server. The truth is this Donhost is ripping itself off... I realize that you guys are double wrong who said they would purchase cheap hard drives, they need SCSI for a server not UDMA.

You guys are right, Donhost does purchase a different price and different hard drive than I do, ONE THAT IS THREE TIMES MORE DAMN EXPENSIVE!

Well, scsi is not *needed* to run an server, but does help. None of us know whether donhost uses scsi or IDE, as i said before only donhost can answer that, why dont you try emailing them.

Kindest Regards,
ValuableHost
Originally posted by Giancarlo
$350 American Dollars? There is no way possible, with unmetered space can that amount be covered, there is absolutely no way. Especially when it is only 36.4GB, which is medium-sized for a server. The truth is this Donhost is ripping itself off... I realize that you guys are double wrong who said they would purchase cheap hard drives, they need SCSI for a server not UDMA.

You guys are right, Donhost does purchase a different price and different hard drive than I do, ONE THAT IS THREE TIMES MORE DAMN EXPENSIVE!

Thanks to Bigperm they were already contacted, as you look at his message... it says:

Hi.

Kind Regards,

Adam Tinsley
Donhost Ltd.

Tel: +44 (0)800 956 7642
Fax: +44 (0)8707 41 51 07
http://www.donhost.co.uk

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 03 July 2001 18:17
To: sales@donhost.co.uk
Subject: A strange question

This is a strange qusetion, and I hope you can answer it... but I am a member at the freewebspace.net forums, and we were talking about Donhost and their reseller program, and started on the topic of unlimited space. So I was wondering how much Donhost pays for their hard disk space. I am sure you buy it wholesale and we were wondering how much it costs you per gigabyte or megabyte.

Also, I was wondering how many of your users use 100mb of space or less. I don't know if you can answer that though.

Thanks
-Adam Ringeisen

So do you think it is possible to have unmetered space on 36GB hard drives that are $354 US Dollars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back