• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

zpanel and zantastico

FeediaCo

Isn't that a copyright infringement? because is "z"panel and "z"antastico duh "c"panel "f"antastico? I was just curious on how they get away with that?

Hey, this is the VP of Zpanel. aka Lead programmers.

Yes it is perfectly legal. And it wont matter anyways within the next few weeks since we are changing the name to RapidCP. If you look on our forums you will see we made a posting about these changes.

I don't think it's copyright infringement, they're both different names.

cPanel might argue that it was copyright infringement or the sorts if zPanel made money from it, with it being an open source panel I don't think cPanel are bothered by it. I see that zPanel is changing it's name soon anyways.

[JSH]John;912080 said:

cPanel might argue that it was copyright infringement or the sorts if zPanel made money from it, with it being an open source panel I don't think cPanel are bothered by it. I see that zPanel is changing it's name soon anyways.

We never have made money for Zpanel other then donations.

Yeah me too I saw that but any other opinions because that would be like me creating macrosoft or banana (compared to microsoft or apple)

[JSH]John;912080 said:

About the name change, it seems to be RapidCP.

Fantastico is a generic term. It means fantastic. Zantastico is not a generic term. Its not even a real word. How would The creators of Fantastico argue copyright infringement or even yet trademark infringment?

Zantastico operates entirely different than Fantastico. Its just a script copier. It copies a script from a protected folder to the clients folder. It doesn't create a database and doesn't install the script for the client.

Fantastico on the other hand copies the script, creates a database and installs the script.

Cpanel vs. Zpanel.. That idea is silly. Cpanel is years ahead of the Zpanel project. The main idea for Zpanel is to create an easy to use Control Panel for apache on windows platforms. Install it and have a look.. Its very crude and basic. Cpanel has nothing to worry about here.. Its not like they are porting Cpanel features over to a free control panel.

I think Cpanel knows they have nothing to worry about, else Zpanel would have been extinct years ago.

Zantastico shale I remind is 3rd party from Zpanel and RapidCp. Zantastico is not owned by Zee-way service nor RapidCP Group.

Off topic but.. iv tried this befor and its harder to install than other panels..
Are you planning on just changing the name or are you going to make it more user friendly to install and manage? coz a name change without anything else is nothing ;p

Back