• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Webhost without Ads

adizlaja

Hey,
I'm looking for a webhost that has NO ads. It doesn't really matter how much space they give, because I will only have a message board on the site. Maybe 20 mb. It would be nice if they are pertty reliable and pertty fast. thanx for any replies;)

free hosting

Free hosting is a thing of the past if not it will be. The ad market is so bad that free hosting will no longer be even worth pursuing by most companys and move to pay.

actually, if you take the time and consideration to look around for a free host, you will find quite a few FREE hosts.

Re: free hosting

Originally posted by batcave
Free hosting is a thing of the past if not it will be. The ad market is so bad that free hosting will no longer be even worth pursuing by most companys and move to pay.

If all the free hosts go out of business, the internet will never be the same again. A lot of information is stored on free webspace providers. It was because of them (especially big ones like Angelfire, Tripod, Geocities, and Fortunecity) that the internet "exploded" in the way that it did - if FWP's cease to exist, the internet will shrink until it is as boring as it was seven years ago.

Originally posted by adizlaja
Hey,
I'm looking for a webhost that has NO ads. It doesn't really matter how much space they give, because I will only have a message board on the site. Maybe 20 mb.

If you're going to have a message board, aren't you going to need CGI, PHP and MySQL, or ASP?

Anyway, here are some other free hosts without ads, besides F2S, that have at least 20 megs space:

BarrysWorld - non-commercial only
Brinkster - ASP
FreeSpeech - Requires a return text link
69megs - Advertises $35,275 in unpaid bandwidth bills, as though that's a feature...

(F2S is likely the best though... and about the only ad-free option if you need CGI/PHP/SQL.)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Hoth

69megs - Advertises $35,275 in unpaid bandwidth bills, as though that's a feature...

I think they mean that that's the total amount of bandwidth used by their members, and their members don't have to pay, because it's free. At least we can only hope that's what they mean.

oh yeah..... i have one of those openbb message boards and they are awesome, but i'm having trouble designing one. is there anyone out there that might be able to design me one that's similar to the one at http://www.community.iansoft.net ? I really like that one........ thanx to anyone who might be able to help:)

Back