• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by AlieXai

1. A

what is it with people and page?op=whatever

> 5. even if $n were assigned a value [which it >has not], and he called include > ("${n}.php");, it would attempt to > locate "/etc/passwd.php", which > does not exist. Yes, again, the examples that i've given in this thread (and that means any data contained in those links) would not...
  2. A

> in his example, $n has no value. If you're still stuck on the links I gave as an example, i'll give you that. They won't work - and I said that. But there's something else that I like to call register_globals. You figure it out.
  3. A

> you say it wouldn't work, then turn around say you've gotten > your point across. what's your point if it's impossible? My point? I have two, really. 1. Kaliber posted the code knowing full well (or having the knowledge to determine that) the code he posted was insecure and could be...
  4. A

Re: Re: Re: what is it with people and page?op=whatever > show me where that'd work. Read the whole thread. > try making a 30, 50, or 100+ page site, then adding a section > and having to edit the navigation on every page. I have. I use a template engine (such as that in phpBB 2.1).
  5. A

> :D :biggrin2: :devious2: Right. The links I posted wouldn't work anyway, but i've gotten my point across - I would like to hope.
  6. A

> www.domain.com/?page w00t www.domain.com/?/etc/passwd www.domain.com/?c:\windows\php.ini
  7. A

Practical Uses for PHP?

> So you still can't do much using PHP alone > without a flat-file database. Yea, so I won't bother telling you about php-GTK. But, yeah, i'm thinking php does have a limited number of logical applications outside of dynamic content generation. Nevermind it's easy ability to process text...
  8. A

Disable PHP errors?

<?php error_reporting(0); # code ?>
  9. A

phpBB2 and one more problem

phpBB 2.0 will automatically detect if your server supports (avatar) uploading and, if it doesn't, will disable it regardless of the administrative setting.
  10. A

joining rar's

And name.part[0-9].rar is WinRAR 3.0.
  11. A

Can this be done in php ?

I suppose there is alwasy system() or shell_exec(). Might want to look at the following also: http://www.php.net/manual/en/language.operators.execution.php http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.exec.php
  12. A

PERL and PHP vs ASP.NET

> with PHP, there are 3 different ways to do this > 1. Cookies > 2. Sessions > 3. With the form [CODE]<input type='hidden' name='number'> 4. shmop functions It may not be as idiot friendly to do, as in .NET, but it's possible. Actuality, the ViewState functionality is like using hidden input...
  13. A

PERL and PHP vs ASP.NET

> and must stay the same for each page request. Any rules for storing the number? Cookies? Database? Text file? Doesn't matter?
  14. A

MySQL and PHP

> by telling it to sort the entries in descending order by the id > number I get the same result That's right. If you want to get 10 entries and 10 only, use LIMIT 10 in the query. E.G.: $sql = 'SELECT a, b FROM table ORDER BY key DESCENDING LIMIT 10'; Of course, I could be...
  15. A

Disabling html in this php script

Don't forget to make note of the htmlentities() and htmlspecialchars() functions, either. They should work sufficiently if you just want to "disable" html, instead of it strip the post of it. I'd make a custom function to do the job though.
Back