• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by mikhail

1. M

webdesign rates

Charge per hour. That way no one gets screwed. Client doesn't pay too much for something you whipped up and you don't spend more time than agreed upon without getting paid.
  2. M

Its a miracle, my gaming site got accepted into fastclick

I'm in the US and every time I watched them I got over half default, and that was with most of the available banners active.
  3. M

Its a miracle, my gaming site got accepted into fastclick

Fastclick = suck, half the ads are default and don't pay out. I got about 10% in one month from them compared to direct sponsors. Then again, most banner CPM programs suck.
  4. M

looking for a another host, AGAIN, here's what I need ...

Up to $100/month. I won't be switching right away, but I'd like to see the offers.
  5. M

looking for a another host, AGAIN, here's what I need ...

I own/run Mikhailtech and we're currently hosted by Meemsites but we're having issues and have been for a while now, so it's time to switch over again. Man, WTF, how can 10 different hosts all turn out to be crap? Anyway, this doesn't have to be a dedicated server, but it's preferable. Here's...
  6. M

Fastclick questions

I may do this at some later point. For now I just want to see how much money I can make with most of the ads enabled.
  7. M

Fastclick questions

I'm not really upset. After all, this month I don't have any advertisers to take that spot. And once our traffic hits around 500,000/month or so, then this kind of ad will be helpful. I'm just trying it out. The only thing that bugs me is that disabling ANYTHING will only cause more default...
  8. M

Fastclick questions

Man that's crap. I do get those default ads and I get NO $$ in return for them. Now how full of crap is that? I emailed them yesterday, will see how it works out. Looks like getting even close to $1 CPM is out of the question ... $0.50 maybe ...
  9. M

Fastclick questions

K thanks, I'll be waiting for their reply on Monday.
  10. M

Fastclick questions

Here's something else weird I noticed: after disabling some ads there are still banners running. That is, you click on a banner expecting to get to a certain site and it takes you to a different one. Is this just something that gets fixed once the server updates the fact that you no longer use...
  11. M

Fastclick questions

It's just odd, why do they list all these low-paying campaigns when most people will only select the high-payout ones? I've disabled a lot of the cheaper ones already, but I want to make sure with Fastclick before turning off the rest of the crappy ones. So will you or will you not get booted...
  12. M

Fastclick questions

Oh, and what's the difference between Gross CPM and Eff. CPM? And what does the payout percentage mean? It looks to me that Gross CPM x percent payout = Eff. CPM. Is that right?
  13. M

Fastclick questions

So I can disable all banner in campaigns with the exception of let's say 1 or 2? Won't that make them mad? I mean, let's say disabling 15 banners than each pay under $0.50 CPM and leaving 2 that pay over $1.00 CPM. I don't want to get booted but I don't want to advertise and get paid almost...
  14. M

Fastclick questions

Just wondering about a few things (contacted them but got no reply yet and I can't wait till Monday hehe). Actually only those who have been with Fastclick can probably help me out. First off, in the 468x60 banner ad campaign, how many sets of banners am I allowed to disable? If I could do as I...
  15. M

Any good banner CPM programs?

Yay! Got accepted with Fastclick. Let's see if this CPM thing goes through ..... I have a month without a tertiary sponsor anyway, so this is a good test. Thanks for the help guys, I'll let you know what comes of this.
Back