• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Recent content by si-jerome

1. S

Ramorax

I know this is minor, but to me, there is not enough space between your center text (under "Welcome to Ramorax") and your right-side text (under "Ramorax Free Web Hosting"). The text seems to run together. Viewing the site on my machine, the text "Ramorax is currently looking for staff members...
  2. S

Stream movies by PHP

The freefreevideos site is simply streaming videos off of yahoo's Launch site. You need a streaming server to do what yahoo is doing. Yahoo is streaming the videos through an asx file similar to this: <ASX version="3.0"> <Entry> <ref HREF="mms://www.server.com/video.wmv"/> </Entry> </ASX>...
  3. S

Footer Html Code

There's also the server side include option: <!--#include virtual="/footer.html" -->
  4. S

Is this possible?

It all depends on how you plan on letting the users upload the files. I was assuming you were going to make a form available for the user to upload the file(s). In your upload script, you could have php look into your archive directory and get the last filename used and rename the new file as it...
  5. S

request 1 year host

How come you only want a 10 gig/month service? Your screenshot shows you have already used over 13 gigs in 11 days in November. Yet, you only want a 10 gig/month host when at your current rate you're going to use over 30 gigs per month.
  6. S

Stream movies by PHP

Do you want to simply embed the movie file into a webpage or do you want launch media player and stream the file? And unless you have access to a streaming server, you're pretty much out of luck preventing your users from getting a copy of the file. Unless something has changed that I haven't...
  7. S

Is this possible?

It's possible. You have a couple of options. For a quick and dirty solution, rename each file as it's uploaded. Rename them in descending sequential order. Then you can just read in the first three files names from the directory and those will be the newest. To display the thumbnail, just use...
  8. S

menus

Here is a javascript option. The page says it only works in IE, but it also works in Firefox. You should be able to copy, paste and tinker to get it to work. http://javascript.internet.com/navigation/layered-drop-down-menu.html Here is a pure css option that only works in Firefox...
  9. S

HTML download counter

I don't know if you care what the script is written in, but here's a list of perl options. Some of the descriptions seem to fit what you're looking for. http://www.freeperlcode.com/guide/Download_Managers/
  10. S

Category ID Redirect help

I must be missing something. I don't fully understand what you mean by "access cat=13&sec=1 in the htaccess file." When I read your question, all I think of is checking the categoryid number and if it's 9, post a location header to redirect to blah.net and if it's 13, carry on with whatever you...
  11. S

Where To Get CGI And Pearl From

Get perl from here: http://www.activestate.com/Products/Download/Download.plex?id=ActivePerl If you'd like to make your life easier, install perl into c:\usr instead of c:\perl. Most scripts on the net are for unix/linux and the first line of those scripts is usually #!/usr/bin/perl which...
  12. S

Uptime script

You'll have to forgive me, I don't quite understand what you mean by "no uptime site." If the server you're on is Unix-based with perl, this script would work: #!/usr/bin/perl use strict; my $uptime = `uptime`; print "content-type: text/html\n\n$uptime"; exit;
Back