• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. P

Web host and domain registrar for sale

Hello, I am selling both my domain registration company and my web hosting company. Both are established and have existing customers. The web host is www.SouthernHosting.com. The registrar is www.BottomDollarDomains.com. Any interested parties should check out...
  2. P

Should use hypen in domain?

I think that having a hyphen in your domain name isn't that bad most of the time. One of the times when it would not be too wise would be if you were planning on running an ad campaign (Tv, radio, etc) and expected people to remember your domain name. Chances are the person seeing/hearing...
  3. P

Domain Questions.

I've heard of registrars being purchased by other ones, but I haven't heard of one just shutting the doors and turning off the lights (or the webserver, i guess!). Yes, ICANN accreditation is expensive and quite a hassle. I'm sure there is a clause in the contract with ICANN as to what to do...
  4. P

Domain Questions.

About the registrar shutting down: If the registrar you used is a reseller for someone else (Enom, OpenSRS, etc) then you have nothing to worry about. However, if the registrar is running their own operation, then you could run into some problems. For instance, if you are using their...
  5. P

$8.75 Domains - No Minimum

I just checked them out, and noticed that if you view the source of the web page, it all points to registryrocket.com. When I examined the domain registration page, I noticed that by default a box was checked that said: "Do not allow this name to be transferred to another registrar...
  6. P

"Future Politicians"...

President Bush may not be the most well spoken President ever, but he is one thing that Clinton wasn't - HONEST. The man does have common sense. Anyone that has researched him at all knows that he is a good, honest man. At least all the scandals are done. --Patrick
  7. P

"Future Politicians"...

Even though the poll is titled "Future Politicians", all of the above apply to future, past, and present politicians! :cool: --Patrick
  8. P

how old r u all?

I've read every reply to this thread, and realize that I am the elder so far! The bad thing is, I'm *ONLY* 25. You young pups make me feel old! Surely there are some people over 25 around here...
  9. P

NAMEZERO HAVE POP UP's

In an Internet advertising market where CPM rates for banner ads have REALLY died (now around 50 cents CPM for a good program) popups are looking better and better. Most popup rates are around $3 CPM, but I've seen some as high as $10 CPM in recent days. Web publishers are hoping that the...
  10. P

Which registrar should I use?

Hi, I added a couple of questions and answers to the FAQ back on Tuesday, and clarified a couple as well. I guess in my haste I pasted the "new" answer without deleting the "old" one. I deleted one of those just now - the one with the gramatically horrible "double negative" with "no" and...
  11. P

What's the difference?

SirArthur, I just sent you a pretty detailed email - hopefully it will answer most of your questions about name servers and hosting. Thanks!
  12. P

Hi, The domain manager is the exact same as any other OpenSRS RSP. I just visited their site to make sure of this - I thought maybe they had added something I didn't know about. :D As stated before, once you register with ANY OpenSRS RSP, you can manage your domain at any other...
  13. P

People brag about 000Domains.com because they have been in the domain registration business for quite some time and have developed quite a reputation as being very professional and focused on customer service. Before starting my own service, I used them to register quite a few of my own...
  14. P

What's the difference?

Really, there's not much of a difference, other than the obvious price. The "bells and whistles" that are added on by registrars are ususally provided by your web host - email accounts, mx records, etc. - and are certainly not worth an extra $20-$25! Whether you pay $35 or much less...
  15. P

namezero domain for $9.95?

Hi, There is nothing "unusual" about the "condition" of your domain as they state. They simply extended the registration period under the assumption that you would go ahead and pay up for another year. Namezero finally realized that people will let the domain name expire and then grab it...
  16. P

how old r u all?

Age: 25 From: Newport, Arkansas Sex: Male (duh!) My jet black hair is starting to turn gray..... And carpal tunnel is going to set in any day..... I guess I'm a poet and didn't know it.
  17. P

can i switch domain register

Generally, a domain can be transferred, UNLESS: 1. The domain was registered or transferred less than 60 days ago. 2. The domain is ON HOLD. 3. Your current registrar has the domain locked for non-payment or other reasons. 4. The domain is expired, or will expire within 4 days. I hope...
  18. P

domain for sale

As I always say, you get what you pay for - especially with free domains!!
  19. P

release after expiration

The point that I intended to make is that registrars should have a SYSTEM to release expired domain names and stick to it. OpenSRS has a method that is used to release domains that seems to be automatic. I think that EVERY registrar should be consistent in releasing domains. It's known far...
  20. P

release after expiration

Actually, names DO automatically remove theirselves from the registry sometimes. OpenSRS will automatically purge deleted names 45 days after expiration. NetSol has the annoying habit of turning them over to GreatDomains.com, and I have no idea what Namezero does with domain names.
Back