• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. WorldWarGeneral

Your Desktop

Here's mine: http://www.worldwarhistory.com/desktop.jpg I made it a jpeg, so that's why it looks fuzzy. (and yes, my desktop is rather boring.)
  2. WorldWarGeneral

vietnam war

Well, lots of people died. ;) Seriously, it's a tough call. One on hand, the war ended with fewer casualties than would have occurred if a ground invasion of Japan would have been undertaken. On the other, the bomb gave plenty of people radiation poisoning, which I'd imagine isn't a very...
  3. WorldWarGeneral

vietnam war

Well, I'm doing a formal research paper on the abdication of King Edward VIII. We're not allowed to use electronic sources of any kind. Only published material is allowed as a source. I shouldn't say we're not allowed to use any electronic sources, we can use information on the internet that...
  4. WorldWarGeneral

What operating system do you use

I wonder how many times we've had this discussion... Windows XP
  5. WorldWarGeneral

question about CSS

I think Meow was refering to XHTML, not HTML. I can't say for sure, but I don't believe they're the same thing...
  6. WorldWarGeneral

gotta go to the doc AGAIN

I'm pretty sure he meant the doctor would be searching for problems with his genitals, not necessarily for his genitals themselves. ;)
  7. WorldWarGeneral

Windows XP upgrade fu*0red my computer

I paid an extra $50 to have XP installed on my new pc. Hopefully, any hardware or software problems will be worked out before I pick it up....
  8. WorldWarGeneral

Just list all the free hosts you can think of here!

http://freewebspace.net/php/search.php?a=1&b=0&form_language=&form_location=&form_space=0&form_adtype=&form_title=&form_hostType=REG&i=10&submit=Search :rolleyes:
  9. WorldWarGeneral

Just list all the free hosts you can think of here!

I'm pretty sure "all the free web hosts we can think of" are already listed in the free webspace.net directory of freewebhosts. :rolleyes:
  10. WorldWarGeneral

brand new design....please review!

Good design. As you anticipated, it loaded a bit slowly on a 56k connection. Some image optimization should take care of that. But what is the page about? Is it tennis? Anyway, great job with the design.
  11. WorldWarGeneral

Meteor Shower

I would have liked to see it, but we had dense fog, so you couldn't see across the street, let alone the sky. :(
  12. WorldWarGeneral

New Site Idea

Oh, I thought about it. I really thought about it. But I wasn't sure if I was up to the challenge. Processed cheese, is well, you know, processed cheese. Who could make a website worthy of such a masterpiece? Not I!
  13. WorldWarGeneral

what do u think?

Your site looks great to me. Loads pretty quickly too. Good job. :)
  14. WorldWarGeneral

my computer was pretty screwed up yesterday...

My computer does weird stuff like that too. I've scanned it with every virus scanner known to man, but it just gets screwy after a while. I bought a new one today, but I won't get it until next Tuesday. (custom built)
  15. WorldWarGeneral

Free Good Forum(like this one)

Ikonboard RC1 has an option to use a MySQL database instead of a flat-file one. I haven't tried it though.
  16. WorldWarGeneral

need a new host!!

V-Sector doesn't list subdomains as an option for any of their plans. You should e-mail to find out for sure though.
  17. WorldWarGeneral

New Site Idea

Not a bad idea. I think I like the cold war idea a bit better than the imperial russia one anyway. There's so much I could do on the cold war.
  18. WorldWarGeneral

need a new host!!

Oops, I will have to adjust that link! :o Feel free to use the error page, LastActionHero. I got the idea from an error page I came across on the aleitaforums. I just modified it a bit... :)
  19. WorldWarGeneral

New Site Idea

I'm getting bored with my current site, so I think I'll start a new one. I want to keep with the history theme. I'm thinking about doing a site dealing with Imperial Russia - mainly focusing on the 19th-20th centuries. I should be able to find enough content. If anyone has any other...
  20. WorldWarGeneral

Now which category in Yahoo!?

I think he means that since Yahoo reviews all site submissions, it would be better to get your layout complete and some site content put up before you attempt to get listed in the Yahoo directory.
Back