• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. WorldWarGeneral

New Site Idea

I'm getting bored with my current site, so I think I'll start a new one. I want to keep with the history theme. I'm thinking about doing a site dealing with Imperial Russia - mainly focusing on the 19th-20th centuries. I should be able to find enough content. If anyone has any other...
  2. WorldWarGeneral

Website Search Engine

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good website search engine. (php/perl) I need it to search the meta tags of a page, not every word on every page. I looked through hotscripts.com, but I'm not sure what each one does, and I don't want to waste time installing scripts that don't do what I...
  3. WorldWarGeneral

Newsletter Script

I'm looking for a newsletter script. I tried Mailman, but it isn't quite what I want. I don't want a mailing list where members can send their own messages through the list. I just need something where someone can send an e-mail, or fill out a form, and be suscribed to the list, and then I...
  4. WorldWarGeneral

Uprising

Just wanted to know who where saw the first part last night, and what you thought of it. I thought it was pretty good, and from what I've read, it was pretty close to fact. I'm looking forward to part II tonight.
  5. WorldWarGeneral

Installing Ikonboard Skins

I know this isn't the Ikonboard support forum, but I never get a decent response over there.... Anyway, I installed Ikonboard 3 beta 7, and attempted to install a skin. (The skin said it had been updated for beta 7, by the way) I selected the skin I wanted to import from the list given on...
  6. WorldWarGeneral

Below10host(newbie questions)

I'm considering taking the plunge into paid hosting because finding a good free host is getting harder and harder. After browsing around, I'm interested in "below10host" But I have some questions: 1.) I assume they offer domain hosting. In their faq, they say to sign up for an account, and...
  7. WorldWarGeneral

Drop-down menu

I'd like to make a navigational drop-down menu for my site (Like the one at http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Atrium/1426/) However, after I made it, whenever I test the form, all I get is a page that says: "Method Not Allowed The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /index.html."...
  8. WorldWarGeneral

Blink and IE

I know that you can use the 'blink' command to get blinking text in Netscape, but is there a way to get it in Internet Explorer?
  9. WorldWarGeneral

Spaceports

I recently signed up for a spaceports account, uploaded my site, placed the banner where I wanted it (while following the TOS's guidelines), and while browsing the FAQ, I noticed they have a click through rate. The site says "Banners must have a 0.25% CTR or greater. Your site must average at...
  10. WorldWarGeneral

A constructive review

I just wanted to get some feedback about my historical site: worldwarhistory.com I am still adding content, so that may be why it looks a little spartan. I've tried to keep the design and navigation as intuitive and clear as possible. Let me know about things like slow loading pages...
  11. WorldWarGeneral

Domain Hosting

Are there any free domain hosts out there that offer POP 3 e-mail accounts with the domain? Banners really aren't a problem. I don't have to have a lot of server side stuff, but CGI would be nice. The main reason for the POP 3 thing is so I can have an e-mail address at my domain, and not...
  12. WorldWarGeneral

f2s directory help

I know this is probably a stupid question, and I feel like a complete fool for having to ask, but after you upload files to your f2s account, how exactly do you, well, view them? How would you go about deleting files? When I log in to my account, all I see is how much space I have used, but I...
  13. WorldWarGeneral

MyDomain.com Help

I recently bought a domain from Namecheap.com. However, with Namecheap's URL Frame option (so my domain stays in the address bar) there is no title displayed at the top of the browser window except my URL. So I signed up at mydomain.com since they seemed to offer stealth redirection with a...
Back