• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. A

Site5.com?

Site5 does have some good service. However, their response time on issues can range from fair to slow to nonexistent. We have three servers with Site5 and it's been a real mixed bag. We had emails to sales@ that went unanswered completely, and several of the comments at WHT will show that...
  2. A

best reseller program?

Tons of hosts have reseller programs. Your best bet is to just redo your research - start over. Things are changing daily, and information you might remember seeing previously may have changed. Veoweb is a good company, by all accounts posted by people who have used their services. I've also had...
  3. A

..where can I find EXACTLY THIS?!

If you want unlimited Access databases and native ODBC support for them, yes, you will need NT hosting. Most linux hosts I know don't have support for CF, since the costs associated with the licensing far outweigh the actual use of it by clients. As far as judging bandwidth goes, it would be...
  4. A

..where can I find EXACTLY THIS?!

Here's one hint: stay away from anyone who says they offer unlimited bandwidth. Bandwidth is the single most costly factor in hosting, although you are closing in on that since you'll need NT hosting, which is also more expensive than *nix-based hosting. Unfortunately, given the latest rounds of...
  5. A

uptime question

It's a straight mathematical formula to get the missing percentage: 99% uptime = Per day: 60m/day * 24hr/day = 1440 minutes/day 1440m * .99 = 1425.60 or about 23 hrs, 46 minutes/day. So, about 14-15 minutes of downtime/day. Per month: 1440 minutes/day * 30day/mo = 43200 (720 hours)...
  6. A

need a host for a personal site!

Melissa, that's interesting, as your-site has always had quite a good reputation as far as customer support goes. The owner, Jason Hatch, used to pop in from time to time on the alt.www.webmaster newsgroup, in fact. Several people from that group were testing your-site at the time I was still...
  7. A

Is it possible to change domain on your host?

Chicken, Tim did change over to Ultraspeed, as I recall. I don't know if he's completed the changeover yet or not, but in our last conversation he told me he was gearing up to make the moves. Gordon, I won't go into all the technical stuff behind Alabanza's controls, but you can change the...
Back