• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Search results

1. G

Nick needs a laptop

Have you considered an IBM Thinkpad? The T41 and R50 both suit your needs. The top T41 has a 1.7-M, 1GB, 60 GB 7200rpm, 128 ATI FireGL T2, 1400x1050.
  2. G

Style XP question

As most you know, the version of Style XP that you can download off TGT Soft's website is a 30-day free trial version. However, it seems that most users are able to use the software past its trial expiration, as many of the people who shared their desktops used Style XP as their "desk mod"...
  3. G

Urgent! Laptop can not find the operating system!!!!!!

Hmm I see. But just wondering, why would the hard drive take so long to boot up the operating system that one time? Normally, it does it in 15 seconds flat, but it took nearly 5 minutes this time. Thanks for your advice, Robert!
  4. G

Urgent! Laptop can not find the operating system!!!!!!

My younger brother was a watching a movie on the laptop when all of sudden, the screen started flashing for no reason. I tried ctrl+alt+dlt, but it wouldn't work, so I manually shut the down the laptop. When I tried rebooting, a dos screen came up and said that the operating system could not be...
  5. G

Getting a new PC in November/December...

AMD's 64-bit processor for desktops is coming out in September 2003, along with Window's 64-bit compatible version of its XP operating system. I can't wait to see how it performs on normal computers, instead of the servers and workstations that 64-bit processors (like the Itanium 2) are...
  6. G

Getting a new PC in November/December...

Okay trenzterra, I hope my earnest advice will help in purchasing your new computer (which obviously sounds like a Dell). 1) 1gb of PC3200 DDR SDRAM should be enough for anything you plan on doing, including extreme gaming. Unless you plan on performing heavy-duty workstation-like tasks on...
  7. G

Celeron and Pentium

If you ask me, the Intel Celeron processor is for those who shop for computers based on processor speed, nothing else. These are the people that would buy a computer with a 2.2ghz Celeron, 64mB of ram and the crappiest, used generic parts that can possibly be found at the worst garage sales...
  8. G

Need Help..don't Know Which One To Choose

Get the IBM T40. It's the best performer in benchmarking tests, outscoring the dell D600 and gateway by quite a bit. It also has the longest battery life out of all battery tests conducted with new Centrino laptops. (go to pcworld.com and research yourself). The T40 is also one of the lighter...
  9. G

Homepage

I set mine to Reuters news agency - www.reuters.com
  10. G

What's you IQ?

Hey Wojtek. 1) 400, 100, 2500 all refer to perfect squares of the numbers 20, 10, and 50. Therefore, you would be looking for an answer that would also be a perfect square, such as 900, which is the perfect square of 30. 2) ANLDEGN = ENGLAND Technically, the United Kingdom is the actual...
  11. G

Plural of Matrix?

The plural term for "Matrix" is "Matrices". Matrices are actually a particular area of math.
  12. G

flash game

lvl 8, 74
  13. G

Movie - Starts with T - Like Matrix?

The One - Jet Li I think that may be it, because it has a lot of neo-futuristic ideas and fighting scenes in it.
  14. G

Frame Rates

Tandoc, I encounter the same problem as you do. I'm running Counter-strike on a GF4 Ti4600, with a Pentium 2.0Ghz and 512 mb of RDRAM, and I get frame rates that never exceed 60 fps! I run the game at 1024x768, but even so, shouldn't my geforce 4 titanium be producing 100+ fps?? Is there...
  15. G

I was bored

I am Amiga OS 3.5 :bandit2: Ahead of your time. You keep a lot of balls in the air. If only your parents had given you more opportunities to succeed.
  16. G

Adsl

Hey Epidemik, I took that speed test: www.speedtest.com Turns out my connection is 1.4 mbps! :) And I only have to pay $17 USD for my connection! :rolleyes:
  17. G

Bandwidth

Your raw speed was 1025271 bits per second which is the same as: Communications 1 megabits per second How communication devices are rated. Kilo means 1,000 and mega means 1,000,000. Examples include 56k modem and 10Mbit Ethernet Storage 125.2 kilobytes per second The way data...
  18. G

W32.Nimda Virus! Can someone tell me what this is about?

I constantly receive pop-up alerts from my norton antivirus auto-protect which say, "the following file has been infected by W32.Nimda". When I go through my directory to search for these infected files, I discover that the files do not even exist! Furthermore, when I do a full system scan RIGHT...
  19. G

I need more laptop help :D :D

I would definitely recommend that you buy the second option, Toefur. For only 215 AUS (107 USD) more, you get: - DVD-ROM drive - 152 mb more RAM than option #1 - 167 mhz more processing speed - 2 more gigs of hard drive space - network card (essential for broadband connections) I...
  20. G

Sydney's worst fires in 30 years

It seemed like yesterday when Australia had its last major outbreak of bushfires. I remember last winter when the bushfires came within kilometers of the sydney city limits before they were finally controlled. What a strange coincidence that the same thing should happen again this year. :(
Back