• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶ What some of these places deserve? ¶¶¶¶¶¶¶¶

zz4

ok....nobody has to offer anything FREE.

Of all the free hosts who up to this date has been more blunt as to the FREE facts than Freeservers,50megs,Community Architect? They have had affiliates offering their packages worldwide.(naturally the internet is worldwide)

Have I not read what you get FREE and in addition AN ABSOLUTE LEGAL PROMISE IT WILL BE FREE FOR YOUR LIFETIME.YOU WILL NEVER BE CHARGED.

Despite what they might hide in their tiny tos somewhere THEY HAVE BEEN TOTALLY BLUNT WITH THE LEGAL STATEMENT...FREE FOREVER..NEVER TO BE CHARGED.....

Now just because About.com buys them and then Primedia buys About.com for about $700 million they are so big and mighty their legal contracts mean nothing?

I wish somebody would do class-action against them.Probably would win.(hey..get paid for your website !!!!!)

I fully understand a concept of 'free' changing with circumstances but blatant promises of free for life and guaranteed never to be charged? Can I sell to the world manure and promise every customer 20 pounds free per lifetime and make it very legally clear they would never be charged and swing around some day the ceo's want a bigger paycheck and decide the 20 pounds is no longer free but now all you can get are 12 pounds with all the quality smell removed?

:confused:

resembles a post that he made cuz he's made that people try and find free hosts with unlimited everything and no adds and bitch when they cant.

Regardless of what all those sights "promise", you should be smart enough to know that they can promise the world to you on a plate and it would mean jack shit...there are always circumstances out of every hosts control that has to make them change their policy...so even if their tos says free for life, never be charged, you should take it with a grain of salt.

As far as going class action, I hardly see anyone taking it that far over a free service that most people know can't be 100% stable.

--who?

All the Community Architect sites..FreeServers...50megs...owned by Primedia..formally About.com.

So if you think its on the level to promise LEGALLY "free" webspace and boldly stating NOBODY WILL EVER BE CHARGED.20mb FREE? NO WORRY.LIFETIME.NEVER TO BE CHARGED.

In my opinion don't make legal promises and commitments you can't honor.

I am not referring to hosts who offer free webspace and due to various reasons have to cease to offer such or limit such.

Free? I don't often even deal with the FREE anymore but enter into the paid services---- I don't like when I'm sold plans through fraud. If I pay for 100mb at $60 a year and don't get what I paid for what is it? One of these days some of these operators are going to start getting 'booked'.Slowly the loose and carefree internet is sliding into the normal category of real life...i.e. once you could sell at ebay and rip everybody and had little worry.

Sure...I'm irked at some of these free website hosting places that make promises they KNOW they will never keep.(free is one of the oldest sucker games around)

Observe economy paid hosting now.New places sprouting up by the thousands.A good many take your money and complain about problems and disappear...with your money.

I'm simply saying that if somebody is nice enough to offer free hosting I don't think their whole business model should be offering things through false and fictious promotions.

Look at all the CA affiliates that have to explain to their customers now that what was sold them free and guaranteed they would never be charged in their lifetime is now PAY and you have a few days to fork up the money or we zap your site....

I completely agree with you, but I feel the person looking for the host has a responsibility to not be sucked in by all the fraudulent claims. It's not right for them to offer it if they do all that, but I think most people should be smart enough not to trust those who offer the free for life deal.

hmmmm??

>>>>>>>>>> resembles a post that he made cuz he's made that people try and find free hosts with unlimited everything and no adds and bitch when they cant >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

????

I've made no posts snibbling about wanting nonsense for free....

hey..I guess I should take a tranquilizer.

I must have sites on about every CA location not to even get into the affiliate subject.What steams me is how BOLD they were with guarantee and promise---you will NEVER BE CHARGED.

There have been hundreds and thousands of free hosts that have come and gone in last few years and I can't think of one that made promises like the Corporation I'm cursing about.----even statements in private email up till this day......

You should respect people who offer stuff for free... I mean what good does that do? Why the hell can't people pay for it? It is just a waste of resources. These people put time and money into these free hosts, and that is something you, ZZ4 should not comment about. Now beat it.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
You should respect people who offer stuff for free... I mean what good does that do? Why the hell can't people pay for it? It is just a waste of resources. These people put time and money into these free hosts, and that is something you, ZZ4 should not comment about. Now beat it.
as lost as I am i totally agree

Yeah, stop bitching about free hosts if you're not paying shit for them, they have to invest hundreds to thousands a month in order to keep their services going.

-- well...

If this is the way some here do business I surely would hate to be involved with you as business associates. I am speaking of ethics. The matter has really nothing to do with FREE.

And yes..the day will come when some of the crooks start getting 'booked'. As has been on the internet some feel they can lie lie lie lie in the operation of a business and such is of very high ethics.

You want to know why ethics are bad in the free webhosting business? Is because these people waste their money on you and don't get paid from offering free stuff.

Why doesn't about.com just go out of the hosting business altogether then if they can't keep their promise of "free for life"?

Also, if they really aren't pulling free hosting entirely, but merely reducing it from 20 mb to 12 mb, then fight back. Sign up for more than one free account there.

Last edited:
TOS change

'Now just because About.com buys them and then Primedia buys About.com for about $700 million they are so big and mighty their legal contracts mean nothing? '

A legal contract is no longer binding once the company that made it no longer exists. About.com and Primedia are not responsible for TOS agreements for any company they acquire.
The Good Guy, good customer service approach would be to honor those agrements.
But they don't have to.

Back