• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Anyone knows how to make Firefox faster ?

Don't upgrade they seem to make it start slower. Also less adons /toolbars

I am trying to use as few as possible plugins...but there are a few that I can't live without.

Try to use Mozilla Firefox 4, its faster and much better than previous version.

You didn't read my post or you are a post hunter. I said I have the latest Firefox. I always update my software.

hi,

If do you want to become the Firefox fastest then the best way is that install the latest version like that Firefox 4.01 install in his system then you system is update and firefox must be faster.

Also, try using Private Browsing mode. This mode is usually faster because Firefox stores information in memory rather than on your hard drive.

Put your Firefox shortcut onto you start menu. Easier way of doing this is if you have a shortcut on your desktop drag it onto you start button on your button left.

Right click on the shortcut in the start menu and then 'Properties'. Find the target section which should contain something similar [ "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" ] , add '/Prefetch:1' next to the address (without the inverted commas). SO the target box should contain what is in the square brackets as follows [ "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" /Prefetch:1 ]
Now by doing this Windows XP should preload Firefox on its start-up, so Firefox loads as fast as IE.

I still have Firefox 3 with no add ons. It loads a little slower than my Windows Explorer, but once loaded it works very fast, no complaints. I prefer it for Forum posting to Windows Explorer, but I use both depending on what the uses are. For quick searches I prefer Windows Explorer.

Back