• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

are domains from emeisp really free?

From FAQ:

Why does eMEisp own the Domain Name ?

eMEisp owns the domain name, in order to prevent abuse of our free service. ie where a website owner could get one of our free domain names, and then sell it on to a third party.

If I want to leave your services at a later date, and take the Domain Name with me, what are the charges involved?

We will charge a US$50 Administration and Handling Fee, aswell as the pro-rata cost of the unexpired portion of the Domain Name (at US$35 per year).

ie For a Domain Name which has 6 months before expiry, the total charge is = 50 + (35x 6/12) = US$67.50

...The Frameset is required, as we set the unload function to call our exit window. Thus it will only popup when your viewer leaves your site

-----
My suggestion, save $0.03 a day for 350 days and you won't have to deal with this.

I think it;s kind better then NameZero though. Cause it won't showa AD BANNER ... just a small frame which is not seen by the user. Then when they leave the site a pop-up .. pops up.

I signed up

I signeg up a few days ago for a free domain from emeisp.com . So far, I have received a confirmation email. I expect a final confirmation sometime soon. I think it is a lot better than NameZero( i submitted an application about a month ago, still ne response), or NameDemo because there is no ad frame. When a visitor leaves your site, then a page will pop up. But who cares when they all ready left your site? Plus, they will offer free shares in their company, and they do not restrict you to one domain name. If you have the money, then there is no point of using this free service, but if your a cheap @#$%# like me, it a great servive. Go get your free domaiin name at http://www.emeisp.com

Finiched

My free domain name from eMEisp.com is now fully functional. One thing I don't like about this site is that there is no login area to change things like your site title, the redirect URL, and other things. To get these changed, you muct send an email. Also, your page title at your domain (which was collected from the redirect URL you use at sign up) has this:"(Free Domain Name from eMEisp.com)" which might not look good on search engine results. One cool thing is that you can use a free mail server like everyone.net and offer visitors(and yourself) unlimited email addresses. And it's a good account too. 6 MB of space, and has all the features other free email accounts have such as Message Filters, Bulk Mail handling and more. A feature which would be nice is sub domain forwarding, like cjb.net(my old url). But it is better than other free domain name providers(namedemo.com, namezero.com) because it doesn't have an ad frame. Instead, it uses an exit pop up, so when a visitor leaves your domain, an ad pops up. This is a much better system. Anyways, if you have the money for a name, pay for it. If you don't, I'd suggest this free service. It is fairly new and will start improving soon!

Back