• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

CD-RW Drives

HumanClay

I have read a few reviews on some specific models of CD-RW drives, but was wondering what everyone would recommend. What drives do you have and/or have had experience with? I am looking for a good drive that has good software that comes with it for burning mp3 cds, audio cds, data cds, etc.

What speed would you recommend getting? What brand? Internal or external? (either one doesn't matter to me)

Thanks.

i've got a memorex crw-1622 rewritable. i've had it about a year and it's been nothing but great.

as far as software goes, try adaptec easy cd creator. awesome, easy to use program will a lot of features.

Originally posted by keith
i've got a memorex crw-1622 rewritable. i've had it about a year and it's been nothing but great.

as far as software goes, try adaptec easy cd creator. awesome, easy to use program will a lot of features.

Adaptec easy cd creator is simply awesome. I burned my first CD last night without any problem. You can just chose the mp3's you want to put on your music CD, and it will do all the conversions on the fly. You don't have to deal with 3 different programs. I love it!

can you also burn mpg and avi formats with Adaptec creator? how much does it cost? with cd-r drives what size buffer should it have? i only have a p2 350 and don't want waste cds if errors happen.

Adaptec easy cd creator usually comes with your burner. I have an HP one 10x4x32 you can burn anything you want onto a cd. You can drag and drop files through windows explorer too.
My version of easy cd creator doesnt work worth beans but thats probably because its old. I use a couple of different shareware ones; musicmatch jukebox and nero

nero is good if you want to burn directly from napster.

Definately go with Adaptec Easy CD Creator. It is the best for burning your MP3s. The version I have requires that you decode them first ( takes just a few seconds with WinAMP for a whole CDs worth ).

As for burners, I reccomend a SONY burner. I only have a quad speed 8x4x32 ( or is that 4x8x32 :confused: ) but I can burn a full CD in 10 minutes (which I consider pretty fast).

Hope this helps :)

Back