• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

.co domains

sep

NLC
The new .co domains become available to the general public in a few days from the time of this post.

Is anyone here going to buy any? I myself have a few pre-orders in place.

I reckon they are a pretty good alternative, if the domain name you are after is taken in .com. Also there is a good chance of getting a fair amount of traffic from misspelled addresses when people forget to enter the m at the end of .com

More information regarding the TLD: http://www.cointernet.com.co/

They roughly 30/year which is good because it makes them harder/more costly to maintain on parking pages etc.

Should be like 100+, that would help even more.
But I think we are coming to a time where .com dont matter as much, more and more people use .nets and .orgs now that almost the entire population of the internet is used to it..
the "need" for .com has pretty much gone now its just preferred

I don't like to go with a .co domain yet since some websites don't support them yet. (I mean SEO and all that)

They roughly 30/year which is good because it makes them harder/more costly to maintain on parking pages etc.

Should be like 100+, that would help even more.
But I think we are coming to a time where .com dont matter as much, more and more people use .nets and .orgs now that almost the entire population of the internet is used to it..
the "need" for .com has pretty much gone now its just preferred

£30 is how much we charge, only due to .co is going to be so big.

The Sunrise and Landrush applications were a bit pricey, around the $300 mark at the time I looked at it first a few months ago. The general registration however is like a tenth of that price where I register my domain.

I can't even read the page lol .. seriously, does anyone know if they will have an English version of their site available?

And I bet their servers are gonna take a beating when the open registrations .. people are going to be scrambling to get the premium domains.

Last edited:
So I had some pre-orders right. The domain registration went live and the pre-orders weren't processed. I checked the domains and they were still available up until even Friday morning, so I could have just registered them out right, there and then. This morning I check it most of them have been registered, by other people. As for the pre-orders they are yet to be processed by name.com.

So I had some pre-orders right. The domain registration went live and the pre-orders weren't processed. I checked the domains and they were still available up until even Friday morning, so I could have just registered them out right, there and then. This morning I check it most of them have been registered, by other people. As for the pre-orders they are yet to be processed by name.com.

Yeap, I have had that problem with a pre-orders with a lot of registrars. That's why I wait and do them manually now.

Also there is a good chance of getting a fair amount of traffic from misspelled addresses when people forget to enter the m at the end of .com

If this is the way of attracting customers (to websites) these days, I pity the whole web industry. That is just border-line desperation :shame:

If this is the way of attracting customers (to websites) these days, I pity the whole web industry. That is just border-line desperation :shame:

Luckily .co is being very strict with their rules to prevent people taking other brands domains in the system.

I have ordered the .co version of the domain only for my main project, mainly because of the price. 25$ is too much for a domain, and if it costs 25$ on GoDaddy let's not talk about other sites where the prices are at least 20% higher. (Well... I'm sure there are some registrars who offer .co registration for less than GoDaddy but I nearly grow up using them so I don't think I will ever switch to another domain registrar just to buy .co for discounted price)

As others said only big sites can benefit from this and I see no reason for registering the .co extension for a site with not significant amount of traffic unless you want to get rid of your money.

Well... let's see. If the prices will drop (and I'm sure they will) I will register the .co extension for my other sites too.

Back