• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

CSS > Type > Font > PX

megacool

I thought the Pixel (PX) unit for specifiying font sizes was supposed to look(in size) the same in both the browsers but this is not the case.. during my testing a page using a font size of 13 px showed bigger in IE 5.5 and smaller in Netscape 4.7... and i coulndt understand why??? i know a little tinny winy font size diff wont harm a lot but when ia open a 400x300 sized new window i want the content to fill up whole of the space.. it looks fine in IE but in NS some of the space is still left out. Further more, using CSS (and PX), i noticed one more thing in NS that when i load the page.. it shows up all the right types and sizes.. but when i increase the font size in NS ( ctrl+] ) it shows all the fonts in default type (times new roman).. does any body know any work around solution or explanation... further more i am interested in the EM unit also.. but i havent been able to understand it yet... Thanks for ur time

This is just another annoying compatibilty problem with netscape and ie. There is nothing you really can do about it except use font tags instead.. sorry. Hopefully in newer versions of these browsers they will looks more alike.

Yeah besides i dont care about Nutscrape .. like how many people use it by the way? lol

1. MSIE 5.x 369341075 (66%)
2. MSIE 4.x 86672979 (15%)
3. Netscape 4.x 72932564 (13%)

(stats for oct 2000 internet.com)

and i noticed Nutscrape doesnt even support page margins.

[Edited by megacool on 11-18-2000 at 03:11 AM]

Back