• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dis funny

Cheap Bastard

http://www.geocities.com/ragemp2

now before you start cussing at me... uh
hmm
oh yea.
Looks great on 1600*1200... Also, it's an old page that i recently just found again on my old PC... So it might not all be legal HTML (tried fixing everything i found though)

... thx, and enjoy:)

Well...one thing its got (just about the only thing) is that if you got rid of the frames, it would be one of the few Lynx friendly sites :)

[Edited by cds on 11-07-2000 at 12:39 PM]

right... Well i suppose that would be nice but then either it's hard navigation or i have to edit every single page... Since i don't have the script to add the same thing to every page...

And i hope you meant with 'the only thing it has' 'the only bad thing it has'...:D

My previous post is a joke... Lynx is a really old text only web browser...

Looks like your design is straight from the early 90s hehe :)

hummmmmmmm....

lots of work then eh...
At least all the links work by now (fixed a load this afternoon...)
... Right.
Where should i start, oh allmight allknowing... cd?

Try adding some graphics to spice it up a bit... I didn't realize you were serious about this site or my criticism would have been more constructive... (I thought it was a site you just revived for old times sake)...

Oh, and I could get used to that nickname... hehe :)

Uhm... It's hard to say anything about the site... I myself hate frames, but that's just my opinion and that of most professional webdesigners at this point in time :).

The site is a bit plain... and dark... maybe you could place a few comics to spice the thing up. Also the font is a bit large..

1600*1200... hmmm... I wonder how many people use this resolution...

Originally posted by jvv
Uhm... It's hard to say anything about the site... I myself hate frames, but that's just my opinion and that of most professional webdesigners at this point in time :).

I've always liked them... One of my sites uses them right now, and it's the easiest way for people to navigate the site.

I like frames, but I hate how you can't put individual pages in search-engines (because they will not have a frameset).

PS. Anyone know a way around this?

Totally revamped

with the target=_top thingy included...
Or make a new frames page (like index.html but with a seperate main frame, and the same links.html) for every site you wanna submit to the search engine...

Anyways, after taking a closer look, i fixed the last two jokes pages (actually finished is more appropriate) and i changed the entire layout...

http://jokestation.cjb.net
added banners, it's a moneymaker:lol
hmmm
oh well a man can dream, can't he?

Only problem with making individual pages is that it takes so long... and the link back to the main has to be like "Click here if you came from another site" which is okay I guess but does lose design points :).

Also, you could use a whole window target but then all the frames have to reload which takes a long time. IMHO.

Thanks anyway.

well yea..

that's why some people don't use frames... Also if you don't use frames you could technically (if you're up to it) have a different menu on every page (like an HTML dir with + and -)

Yea, that would be really cool. You could probaly do that with frames but it would take even longer! Which dosen't leave much space for lazy people like me :)

if you do that WITH frames you'll need a javascript which will slow your page down and take away about 10% of your visitors.
(and, if you're earning $1000, you'd loose $100!!!)

Back