• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

does My-Webhost.info down for ever??

It really all depends. I started out with a dedicated server that cost me $89 monthly. I had that box for many years before I finally outgrew it. VPS servers just don't cut it if you're planning on running a solid and reliable webhost. People just don't seem to understand that. You need to actually spend some money and get a dedicated server, not a VPS.

Partially correct. Having lost my big dedi I rebuilt using entirely VPSs and so far have had very few problems with that arrangement.

The trick to it seems to be very picky about which VPSs you accept, and plan for load shifts in advance so that if there is a sudden outage you can fail over to another provider. If a VPS isn't close to matching the uptime of the dedi it is coming from, then it's not suitable for offering shared hosting from.

Though that's interesting that he was having problems with a hostrail VPS. One of my current VPSs is also from Hostrail via 321hosted, and I also had load issues that caused connectivity problems. But I was moved to a different node after talking to them about the matter a few times, since then the issue has gone away entirely.

Dunno why he didn't ask to be moved, though if it was a completely free VPS they probably were giving him the leftovers on a node that was already near it's maximum.

Last edited:
Dunno why he didn't ask to be moved, though if it was a completely free VPS they probably were giving him the leftovers on a node that was already near it's maximum.

I did ask to be moved and they did move me, to another node with the same issues.

I did ask to be moved and they did move me, to another node with the same issues.

Ouch. I know I asked to be moved a couple of times as well before finally ending up on a relatively stable node.

Some of their nodes were also having hard drive issues a few weeks back according to their twitter, a couple of times they went down for a few hours at a time for fsck.

Last time I checked their twitter to see if any outages had been reported, they were talking about moving datacenters. I didn't see any downtime from that though, but it might have been when I wasn't looking.

So why not switch to another provider? Why would you continue with them if you knew it was hurting your clients.

To reinstate my question, how was it "My Fault" that you closed down one of your free hosts?

Last edited:
Back