• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Dolphin

What do you think of Bonnex Dolphin

• Total voters

tlchosting

Dolphin Community software from Boonex:

Do you use or have used this software?

They say there free but there not, you have to pay for links to be removed. Also there RMS Server never works so you have to buy hosting for that as well.

There support is poor, I have never known a support like it.

They have the hacker safe certification on there site but if you look at there blogs since last release they should not have it on there site.

I tested there new release Dolphin 6.2 and within 12 hours of being set-up it was hacked.

Also please note there integration for phpbb and vbulletin don't work.

You have to BUY! a mod from a dolphin customer.

Whats your views on them?

As you can tell mine is "They should be shut-down"

It's crap. The script itself is free, but obviously like all software that's free you have to pay for the copyright to be removed, only the mods for it are payed. It's stupidly huge too, I'd prefer using something simple like PhpIbazi.

It's crap. The script itself is free, but obviously like all software that's free you have to pay for the copyright to be removed, only the mods for it are payed. It's stupidly huge too, I'd prefer using something simple like PhpIbazi.

I had phpibazi did not like that, I like osdate.

I know what your thinking its more a dating site then a community site, but with tweaks and they have 2 themes that are for community instead of dating.

Its reliable, installs and updates very user friendly. Also adding of extra and 3rd party scripts are very easy and simple.

Goods:
Free
Some free addons
Highly customizable

Bads:
Upgrading
Free is full of ads
Complex for the newbie user

Goods:
Free
Some free addons
Highly customizable

Bads:
Upgrading
Free is full of ads
Complex for the newbie user

True highly customizable, wish more scripts were like that. Yer there some free ad ons, yet again with ads but you know it will work beause some will be from boonex staff. If there from customers and you only have there words its bug free addon.

These guys are horrible. Two of the past five releases were found to be missing files and weren't even corrected for 2 weeks. I will never use their software again.

Boonex deliberately put bugs in their scripts to get you to pay for the support. They are a very profitable business. Unless you have the money to pay them, get lost.

I tried Boonex and their was a bug in adding a category or link, for some strange reason the demo site didn't have the bug.

They're taking advantage of people who can't afford php scripts to get traffic and money.

I tried it before and it was before they decided to charge for support.
Full of issues. Errors etc. And if you asked them to explain something or if you had an issue, they would tell you "Go figure it out. It's free!"
Now, as desbest said, they charge for support, therefore the software has deliberate bugs and issues.

Boonex deliberately put bugs in their scripts to get you to pay for the support. They are a very profitable business. Unless you have the money to pay them, get lost.

I tried Boonex and their was a bug in adding a category or link, for some strange reason the demo site didn't have the bug.

They're taking advantage of people who can't afford php scripts to get traffic and money.

I need to correct you if you speak to http://www.boonex.com/unity/LyubovL

She will help you with errors ect...

I tried it before and it was before they decided to charge for support.
Full of issues. Errors etc. And if you asked them to explain something or if you had an issue, they would tell you "Go figure it out. It's free!"
Now, as desbest said, they charge for support, therefore the software has deliberate bugs and issues.

You can still get a lot of free support from the members and clients of Unity.

Maybe so. But how reliable is their advice? If you have serious issues with the script then the support from the creators is vital.

LyubovL is the best when it comes to support and she is an staff member for boonex.

She is best to speak to about licences, rms as she has access to all of the services.

To be truth full I think most of the repairs are made from there clients. Users got so fed up with waiting or paying for support they fix errors them self then post the fix on trac for it to be placed in update.

Back