• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Domain extensions (com, net & org)

midavecom

Hello,

I use .com ( midave.com ) as my online store.
Should I register midave.net and midave.org ?
Please advice.

Thank you.

It depends on the size of your business and its outreach. If you keep it modest and fear the expense you can go without it, although it is not recommended generally. On the other hand, it doesn't cost you so much to register the other TLDs (TopLevelDomains) or even cc (country code) TLDs to protect your business from possible cybersquatters or competitors driving business away from you.
It's a simple choice between cost and opportunity you have to make. Simple in terms of business logic, of course.

Top level domains

It depends on the size of your business and its outreach. If you keep it modest and fear the expense you can go without it, although it is not recommended generally. On the other hand, it doesn't cost you so much to register the other TLDs (TopLevelDomains) or even cc (country code) TLDs to protect your business from possible cybersquatters or competitors driving business away from you.
It's a simple choice between cost and opportunity you have to make. Simple in terms of business logic, of course.

There's been some discussion over this in 2nd-tier news articles. I've heard / believe that the Big Three (securing the .net and .org) domains and repointing them is probably worth the minimal fee. I see it as more of a security issue than real lost business.

But registering 25 country code versions starts to get a bit rough. A some point someonejust has to know that if your business is Cars.com and some squatter grabs the russian variant Cars.ru, it's a squatted site.

Yes,it mostly depands on your business's size.And HostingDirect24 get a nice view.
But I have not seen much online store with the extension .org

Hi,

IT depends on your internet market and on your business. If you want to bring more traffic on your site then simply register and add that domain as parked on your current .COM domain.

Hi,

IT depends on your internet market and on your business. If you want to bring more traffic on your site then simply register and add that domain as parked on your current .COM domain.

You are right. But domain name with another domain name extension will never drive much traffic to you

Back