• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Free Control Panel - Linux Ubuntu

Jordan Mclay

Nlc You Say?
NLC
Ok im running an experiment form my 3 home computers all setup on LAMP with ubuntu server edition.

Im looking for a panel like cpanel exept free - reason i dont want to pay as this wont be for the public just to run as a place to serve backups and also run my personal website and maybe one other.

What would you reccomend that is free and compatible with ubuntu ?

Main things i need - create/suspend/terminate accounts
Possibly dns functions if not no problem there
A nice user interface.

Thanks in advance.

http://zervex.com/
Their lite version is free. It basically the same as the paid version, except only one user can have access.
It may not work if your servers are accessing internet using NAT or are behind firewalls, since it still has a license system.

Hi,
thanks for this topic. Me and some friends have installed ubuntu, and we're looking for a control panel. Is VHCS reliable to use on a production server? Can you use it for a (free)hosting service? Are there other open source alternatives for ubuntu server?

Back