• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

FreeHosts with Backup Service?

TheHostHunter

Just wondering if anyone knew of a free webhost that also backed up data daily/weekly/monthly. I know this is becoming the norm in a lot of hosting providers and was wondering if it had trickled down to the free hosts yet?

We actually have started backing up Monthly, We feel it is the right thing to do. Further, in the free hosting world you never know when your box will go down - luckily we have not had any malicious users do anything to cause down time- but just in case, we backup.

Yep,

Also here at swprozee1.com backups are made every day.

The users I have can get star rewards to even have their data backup every week to a different drive location... (extra safe).

Data is very important and although we are not responsible for data loss, we still take good care of it.

I think free webhosts also need it to get better reputation !

Kind regards,
Paul Prozee.
http://www.swprozee1.com

TIER1.server uses Raid 5 with hot swappable drives...One drive goes down the others handle the load...Pop in another drive and it migrates all the data to the new drive.

So are these backups available to the client or are they just there for the hosts in case the server goes down? I know as a customer that I would always like to be able to grab a quick backup and burn it onto a CD or other medium.

We have a 50GB remote backup that takes the backup of all our accounts automatically every day. We(the host) are the only one who have access to it so if our members would like to get the backup data, they have to request it from us.

Although requesting a daily backup from us reveals that you are not doing your backup of your own account daily, however. This will mean a bad reputation on your part. We hate lazy webmasters so be careful.

TheHostHunter said:
So are these backups available to the client or are they just there for the hosts in case the server goes down? I know as a customer that I would always like to be able to grab a quick backup and burn it onto a CD or other medium.
The automated backups are stored on a seperate HD in the server for emergency issues. But you can always create a backup yourselve in cpanel.

Back