• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Hello

The main reason, or the main reason why I got a dedi, would be that you can configure it to suit your needs.

Additionally you won’t have to worry about any other users abusing their accounts generating excessive load or lurking at your home domain.

snowbaby said:
What I can do with dedicated Server...... i want to Know why Guys Buying Dedicated Server

Same reason you want to buy a computer...except this one is connected for the world to see.

computerhelpworld said:
Same reason you want to buy a computer...except this one is connected for the world to see.
I disagree. You can't compare a home workstation with a server in a data centre by saying "the same reason why you want a computer".

There is no issue setting up apache at a home workstation running a web server in the background for the world to see.

You want to buy a workstation so you can read and write e-mails, surf the web and read news, play music, movies, and games on it.

You want to lease a dedicated server because you need it to handle more connections than the average DLS/Cable connection can, or to distribute media to users. - It's dedicated to run databases and websites.

However, I understood the question to be why he should choose a dedi over a VPS or a regular shared server which is reflected in my answer.

Last edited:
DOS4GW said:
I disagree. You can't compare a home workstation with a server in a data centre by saying "the same reason why you want a computer".

There is no issue setting up apache at a home workstation running a web server in the background for the world to see.

You want to buy a workstation so you can read and write e-mails, surf the web and read news, play music, movies, and games on it.

You want to lease a dedicated server because you need it to handle more connections than the average DLS/Cable connection can, or to distribute media to users. - It's dedicated to run databases and websites.

However, I understood the question to be why he should choose a dedi over a VPS or a regular shared server which is reflected in my answer.

Really don't want to argue because my post wasn't 100% serious but a simple note:

everything you said is about the connection of the sever..not the hardware itself. The computer I use at home could probably take on most average/mid to some high end servers, but my connection is not.

What I can do with dedicated Server...... i want to Know why Guys Buying Dedicated Server
Dedicated server will allow you complete authority to control and administer your server, it gives you freedom to install scripts, softwares or applications that you want to use and it reduces your dependancy on the web host.

Back