• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Host.gs gone as well?

Sain Cai

Beautiful Daddy
NLC
Not sure if the dude can see his private messages, but I noticed host.gs went down a few days ago and no news from up4net on the status.

I did notice the thread states X amount of bandwidth per account, but the homepage and my cpanel stated unlimited (which we all know does not exist). Perhaps he oversold, and paid the price for it?

Who knows, but seems yet another host bit off more then they could chew.

Hahahahaha...

HOST.GS 100% FREE WEB HOSTING with UNLIMITED BANDWIDTH. All we ask is that you don't abuse our servers and don't host illegal material.

da da da da da da . . . . another one bites the dust....

Yup, still no site, no word from the host, hell I dont think he signed back on since it went down.

This is exactly why users ALWAYS need to do backups on a regular basis and every time they edit their site. This way, you can always migrate the site to another, more stable host w/o too much trouble.

Looks to me like another overseller simply couldn't make ends meet.

It is nice when a host covers for their clients and at least saves the data, but you still should try to have your own backups. It's not always possible to save the day.

And a lot of oversold hosts don't want to take the time or effort to protect their customers data at all.

Back