• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

host under $8 a month ($5 if paid up front)

qUiLL

hey anyone know of any good hosts that u pay up to $8 a month monthly and if u have to pay in one lump some, $5 a month? what i would need-
5mb space (at least)
CGI (Perl-mandatory)
also id need proof (ie reviews) that it would be a good service (am 14 - dad dont' like gettin gypted with' credit card such as before)

thx all!

-qUiLL

Well, here's my suggestion. Post these requirements in the Advertsing/Offers section of WebHostingTalk.com and here, make sure you have email link turned on and let hosts email you.

If you see someting you like, ask about it here and there, or ask me (I have a pretty good idea about who's good and bad), and see if this reverse looking helps any.

Really I'm not sure of one I would recommend, (which even offer $8/$5 plans), so this might help.

hehe actually i saw that...i got it bookmarked :D its just i wanna make sure it dont put up ads (if it does...? $7?)

o whoops i just noticed no SSI :( tis a no go lol...forgot to mention i needed SSI too lol

...but $8 is still within my limit too

[Edited by qUiLL on 01-19-2001 at 06:36 AM]

the question is the "preinstalled cgi" your own CGI-BIN directory or are they cgi scripts you can use?

Hello
By preinstalled cgi they mean they have some scripts which are on the server that you can use without having to install the scripts yourself.
You also have your own cgi-bin that you can put your own scripts in.

Actually our $36 plan does have SSI.
I will need to fix the page.
We actually don't have an easy way to turn SSI off.

Gordon

qUiLL -

We offer 100 megs space with 3 gigs of monthly bandwidth for $36/year. That comes to $3/month. I think this more than fits your needs. http://worldzonepro.net shows most of the plan, then when you click on through, it shows you everything else.

You get Telnet (SSH), FTP, and optional Frontpage98/2000 access. There is also a simple control panel if needed. You didnt state if you wanted ftp or webbased control. Go thru the hosts and find the ones that suit your needs first, and only then choose by price. Going off your post, I am only assuming we offer everything you need at this point.

As for the proof of reliability, you can check the reviews here of our free host, worldzone.net, or you can go here http://worldzonesupport.com/topic.cgi?forum=10&topic=1 to see member reviews on our own support forums. Anyway, good luck finding exactly what you need (-:

[Edited by Webdude on 01-20-2001 at 03:14 PM]

Back