• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

How do you live in a city?

According to the Wausau chamber of commerce, Wausau is not that large.
2005 (projected) Wausau: 39,190 Marathon County: 130,242

You should not have much trouble adjusting. If you do, just go get 5 acres just outside city limits. That way you will have the advantages of country living and the convenience of the city.

Meh, alright. I was just wondering if there were any weird traffic rules or something.

Nick covered two traffic rules governing red and yellow lights. Another is you never go the speed limit -- at a bare minimum, go 5mph over. And people will still pass you. Or if it's a single lane, they'll ride your --- until you turn off.

Another is you never go the speed limit -- at a bare minimum, go 5mph over. And people will still pass you. Or if it's a single lane, they'll ride your --- until you turn off.

Please note that when Ben says this he really does mean AT A BARE MINIMUM. Just try to get used to it and you'll be driving 15-20 mph over the limit in no time.

A good lesson is to follow the guy who's REALLY going to fast, and just go 5-6 miles slower than he is. He flushes out the cops and you're home free.

I've lived in a small town most of my life and will be moving to a city soon. I used to live in Chicago when I was young, but I've been living in a town of 1,000 people for a longer period of time.

I need some people to tell me how to live in a city compared to a small town, since I've forgotten.

Act like a total -------, Dont be nice to anyone... Then your be fine. :wave:

Nick covered two traffic rules governing red and yellow lights. Another is you never go the speed limit -- at a bare minimum, go 5mph over. And people will still pass you. Or if it's a single lane, they'll ride your --- until you turn off.

This highly depends on the ratio of high schools to old people in the town. You might find yourself driving 5mph under all the time if the ratio slides towards old people.

I've lived in a small town most of my life and will be moving to a city soon.

Now it makes sense :)

No offence mate, just suck it up.

1. Go out, lots, but don't spend too much doing it - go to a bar buy one beer, hang on to it (you are allowed to drink it though). Coffee - don't you get free refills over there? Get used to the toilet and paying for the occassional slice of pie or something.

2, Go online and find friends - well you blew that one!

3, Sports anything as a daytime event?

4. Walk around your area a lot, get used to it and get to know it, and who knows you might get some good advice on your new location (talk to people, pick up dropped groceries) - hopefully not from the police saying stay indoors......

Nah! I'm out!

Poor Johnson this will make you feel better
i-has-a-bunny.jpg

Sorry was just lookiing for a bunny to make my Avatar and found that,
Edit, LOL its from you site, I didnt relise :eek:.. Thats pretty good though, You type in bunny in google image search and find that on the first page, Good work :)

Last edited:
First of all forget that you are in City. Live on your own, do not think someone help you.

Do not get depressed if no one reconized.

Start learning to live like alien and everything will be fine...

(I learnt it hardway).

Johnson, I think we've got our winner here. Obviously cutting yourself off from society and not taking advantage of the opportunities for social growth afforded by moving to a city is the way to go. Especially because, statistically speaking, there are more people in the world now than when sunita made his/her post, and the best way to deal with that is to isolate yourself. Concerts, restaurants, coffee houses, clubs, religious institutions, movies, theatre, and museums be damned! Oh and don't go to Wal-Mart. If you live like an alien and still go to Wal-Mart some hick might spot you and try to turn you in to the FBI / shoot you.

Poor Johnson this will make you feel better
i-has-a-bunny.jpg

Sorry was just lookiing for a bunny to make my Avatar and found that,
Edit, LOL its from you site, I didnt relise :eek:.. Thats pretty good though, You type in bunny in google image search and find that on the first page, Good work :)

Johnson doesn't own icanhascheezburger.. lol

Back