• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

"I'll sue you - if you use Linux" - SCO Group

I hereby patent the Mouse(tm)(c)!! $1 per mouse can be sent to me NOW. :devious2:

Oh yeah, I'm patenting and registering as a trademark of BubbleWrap Productions the Moterboard (tm) (c) and I'm going to sue all the big companies for $1billion dollars and you all have to pay me on top of that $5 per motherboard.

Microsoft^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HSCO^H^H^HBubbleWrap Productions spokesperson.

I'm the owner of 'webhost'

so if i see you posting the word 'webhost' i'll ask $20 for that.

the word 'Webhost' Copynot 2003 Allowee blah blah

money money money :D

SCO owns Unix System V code, which IBM had licensed to build AIX.

So they're sueing IBM because it licensed the code and used it in AIX? Something's wrong here. :rolleyes:

What about Windows? The Windows kernel has little bits & peices from Unix too...

No, their sueing IBM for allegedly going beyond the licence agreement and using the code not only for AIX but also for Linux.
Heh, and does really have Unix code in it too? Neat. But I'll bet that's the part that isn't owned by SCO when they mentioned they held 'most of it' and that they were the 'dominating IP holder of Unix code'.

Thats bullshit. Did SCO completely forget that Linux wasnt written by IBM ? Linux is based on Minix which was completely open source. Written by Linus Torvalds. Yes, IBM did invest money in Linux, but god damn, SCO gone nuts.

Originally posted by Daniel
So they're sueing IBM because it licensed the code and used it in AIX? Something's wrong here. :rolleyes:

What about Windows? The Windows kernel has little bits & peices from Unix too...
DOS had old (however VERY old) BSD code in it.

Originally posted by notnamed
I hereby patent the Mouse(tm)(c)!! $1 per mouse can be sent to me NOW. :devious2:

Oh yeah, I'm patenting and registering as a trademark of BubbleWrap Productions the Moterboard (tm) (c) and I'm going to sue all the big companies for $1billion dollars and you all have to pay me on top of that $5 per motherboard.

Microsoft^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^HSCO^H^H^HBubbleWrap Productions spokesperson.
Sorry. Mouse and Motherboard is already copyrighted for your information.

Originally posted by Allowee
I'm the owner of 'webhost'

so if i see you posting the word -censored- i'll ask $20 for that.

the word -censored- Copynot 2003 Allowee blah blah

money money money :D
haha you're charging yourself $40 :p

*scritch scritch*
Uh, no. You don't charge yourself for your own trademark. I don't sue myself whenever I use my trademark slogan ("Popping into the future (tm)")...

Back