• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

looking for a host

chococat

I'm looking for a site host, I've tried searching here but there's only 4 results, 2 don't work, 1 has ads and the last one's FTP is painfully slow. I only need a couple of mb's of space, but it needs to have FTP, SSI's and CGI, and I really detest ads, especially pop-up ones...does anyone know of anywhere? I've noticed alot of similar posts but I'm not after unlimited space, so I just thought someone might know of somewhere..
thanks :) heh, that's the linux penguin right? I think so, anything must be better than windows (no offense to people who actually like windows, but does such a person exist?! lol)

too bad...

it really sucks when you cant find what you want and when you find it it doesnt work. If you only need a few mbs of space then, even though the ftp is mortally slow, It shouldnt take too long. But maybe im wrong. if you detest ads, poke fun of them on your site. Direct the viewers attention and say something like "Ha,Ha look what(insert FWP here) has to resort to to make money" or "sorry about the banners (insert FWP here) wants to tell you how greedy they are" or some thing more creative or intelligent. Maybe even have a vote on what the viewers think of the ads.

I dont know... Maybe that wouldnt be your site's style but its just an idea. If you plan on getting 3000-5000 hits per day try http://www.gcites.com i dont think they have ads. and i think free.prohosting has no ads too

Originally posted by chococat
heh, that's the linux penguin right? I think so, anything must be better than windows (no offense to people who actually like windows, but does such a person exist?! lol)

I like Windows NT...

Back