• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Looking for cheap custom hosting (small list)

Mongoose

I am looking for someone who can offer me the following:

ASP
Small file downloading - I will only have 2 PDFs about 2-3 meg each for testing.
Database (MySQL or MS) with HTTP deny request

The basic flow is this, the user will logon from the VB form, the form will then send the username and password to the ASP code. Once the user logs on they will be given a list of books that they may download. When they download a book a key is then sent up to the database.

If need be I do not mind paying for some space but this will be very short term (about 2 months max) for a course project.

Dave

Our basic Windows package starts at £2.45+vat / month. This is on the HELM control panel and UK (London) based server.

Drop me an email if you have any specific questions.

what is VAT and do you accept USD?

Having the server in the UK is not a problem and it will not be a public site but rather it is a course project to finish my degree.

Also you have no problems with short terms? Most places I have looked at want a year minimum.

Mongoose said:
what is VAT and do you accept USD?

Having the server in the UK is not a problem and it will not be a public site but rather it is a course project to finish my degree.

Also you have no problems with short terms? Most places I have looked at want a year minimum.

Make sure you are provided with a valid invoice with a valid VAT REG number. The company should know this if he/she is a registered VAT company but make sure you are provided with one :).

VAT is like sales tax in EU.
You shouldn't have to pay VAT if your in a non European union country.
That’s how it works here in Sweden so it should work the same way in UK.

Last edited:
Bizarre-Host said:
VAT is like sales tax in EU.
You shouldn't have to pay VAT if your in a non European union country.
That’s how it works here in Sweden so it should work the same way in UK.

That's true, if the buyer is outside EU then neither the buyer or the seller have to pay VAT. :)

As has been indicated, as a non-eurpean resident, you're not liable for VAT and we'd put you on our $ billing system which is VAT free.

And for those questioning VAT, we're fully VAT registered and have been for the last 8 years, so no problems in that respect :)

We can do month by month contract.

Back