• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Max # Of Hosting Reps From 1 Company

The system would help in both aspects, because then replies regarding specific information could/would be removed as they are not marked as a representative of said company.

With how it is now, and how many reps there are for GR, I could register as GR-Skylar, and start acting like i worked for GR and nobody would know the difference. Now with the system in place, then you would know that I was not a "verified" representative for GR

The system would help in both aspects, because then replies regarding specific information could/would be removed as they are not marked as a representative of said company.

With how it is now, and how many reps there are for GR, I could register as GR-Skylar, and start acting like i worked for GR and nobody would know the difference. Now with the system in place, then you would know that I was not a "verified" representative for GR

I think you're famous enough now that nobody would fall for that :p

On another note, this would eliminate the necessity for having names like CS-Skylar, or [GR]Whatever. With the company name elsewhere in the postbit and profile, there's no need to have it in the name, and could probably be discouraged perhaps rules with it - since that's the number one cause for name changes.

I think you're famous enough now that nobody would fall for that :p
I was hoping somebody wouldnt have been a smartass :p

On another note, this would eliminate the necessity for having names like CS-Skylar, or [GR]Whatever. With the company name elsewhere in the postbit and profile, there's no need to have it in the name, and could probably be discouraged perhaps rules with it - since that's the number one cause for name changes.
I agree

---EDIT----
666 posts RUN FOR COVER

Ya, i completely agree.

Take poor GR-Andy for example. Im sure hes had his name change already, and now hes stuck with it even tho he doesnt work for them any more.

Ya, i completely agree.

Take poor GR-Andy for example. Im sure hes had his name change already, and now hes stuck with it even tho he doesnt work for them any more.

Same old problem, yep poor Andy! Can I ask everyone what it is with GR bashing currently?

Seems to be a theme of hit out at GR on every possible chance.

Are you just all jumping on a bandwagon so you can seem 'cool' or do you have proper cause to continually mention in bad posts?

ahh lol
nah man, I was refering to the fact hes had his name change already and is now permanently called GR-Andy (well i think) dispite not working for them.

I wasnt saying "Poor GR-Andy" because he worked for them, i think you just misunderstood. :p
Ive never had any probs with GR myself and i apologise if my example seems to be picking on them.

ok.. so now back to the topic :p
*quotes his own post*
My BS Rant!
Competition is healthy a good thing, but theres a difference between competition, and anti-competitive behaviour.

Anti-competitive behavour is actually illegal and unfortunatly it looks like alot of hosts actually take part in anti-competitive behaviour constantly.

The first one of these is obvious, and too many people are doing it these days, and thats overselling. Its not possible for those legit companies offering non oversold space to compete.

The second is predatory pricing. In other words selling your services for a lower cost than possible to get all the business. Overselling is an example of this, but the worst example of it are these morons who sell reseller packages with say 20gig HDD for $14 yet sell hosting to clients with 50gig for 1/4 the price. Again, this is anti-competitive and really should be looked into by the authoraties.

The third, is dumping, (my example is really reverse dumping) altho youll be hard pressed to prove people are intentionally doing this. Its rather obvious if you go look at the free host offers its going on. The ridiculous space and bandwidth people offer for free creates no need for people to purchase hosting.

The Fourth example of anti-competitive behaviour around here is abuse of a dominant position in the industry. Wich is exactly what this thread is about. Flooding the marketplace with offers because you have 3x more reps than everyone else.
I dont see a great deal of it going on here, but as i said before, its too hard to tell who works for who 1/2 the time, no wonder ppl are confused.

Just my opinion.

ahh lol
nah man, I was refering to the fact hes had his name change already and is now permanently called GR-Andy (well i think) dispite not working for them.

I wasnt saying "Poor GR-Andy" because he worked for them, i think you just misunderstood. :p
Ive never had any probs with GR myself and i apologise if my example seems to be picking on them.

ok.. so now back to the topic :p
*quotes his own post*

Just ignore decker. Hes jumping on the bandwagon and bashing everyone for no reason to be cool ;)

I guess the conclusion is - it's your problem if you want to use 10 reps on one board. Do what you want! :D

I guess the conclusion is - it's your problem if you want to use 10 reps on one board. Do what you want! :D

Looks rather unprofessional if you ask me. So if they want to damage their own image because it just looks like a bunch of reps not doing anything other than sitting around on a forums, then that's their deal.

Back