• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Mediacatch package

Originally posted by Sobatu
Check this package out by mediacatch, the plan 5 $50 a month one, what do you guys think..is it good for a music site (real audio)? I wanted a dedicated server but $$$$$? :-/

http://www.mediacatch.com/hosting/re_plans.php

i need yall pros feedback on this, Thanx

well... I am not sure what you are looking for :) a downloading music website or a streamming music website? In the first case, I think it's ok, price is good. In the second case, you should ask them more about the quality of bandwidth. For example, at gate2vn.net, we are using InterNAP connection, and you can know InterNAP as a very very good connection provider :)

Okay I got a response from them:

"If you are looking to allow your visitors to download music or video files, then the plan 5.0 would be great for you. We provide quality bandwidth and high connection speeds. However, if you are looking for live streaming, we do not provide that."

What about download streaming i.e files stored on the
site and instead of downloading it opens up in the
player and plays such as real audio?

"Yes, this would work great on our servers as well! This capability is available to you."

-------

I didn't think of videos, but wow if it is possible with 250GB a month that is great.

Yes, if they said that, you can give them a try.

And, can you please update us their quality of service later? :)

Back