• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

New TLD's

Koolguy

ICANN has offically introduced the following TLD names:

• .info
• .biz
• .name
• .pro
• .museum
• .coop
• .aero

Um, is it just me or do they suck? what happened to .web and .shop? I don't really want a domain.name! Hmm they may grow on me but I doubt this will fix many domain shortage problems... I'm heading off to my.coop now...

Great choices:

anything.info (ok, but .info isn't my first choice)
something.biz (well by default, this one is the best)
whocares.name (.name? nahhhh)
only.pro (only pros eh? whocares.pro)
limited.museum (not something I could use, any of you?)
chicken.coop (well here's one I like:))
notuseful.aero (when I get enough money to buy a plane, I'll get chicken.aero)

Originally posted by Koolguy
ICANN has offically introduced the following TLD names:

• .info
• .biz
• .name
• .pro
• .museum
• .coop
• .aero

They all seem pretty lame to me...

:(

All of them are useless, maybe .biz is not that bad. But look how dumb you have to be not to accept .web and instead make .name .museum... who needs this crap?

Who needs more TLDs anyway? There isn't a 'shortage' of .com names. Any smaller .biz ones will be taken in a matter of hours, then what? More new ones? Great solution (for domain registrars and registries).

:)

.WS reps. keep calling me everyday for partnership.

Makes me curios...

Did any of you guys ever registered a .ws domain, or saw some pop site using one?

Other than .tv which happens to be popular already (I mean the 'word' tv), I don't like any of the new TLDs nor country domains. If they were less than $10/yr. maybe but...

SO the new TDL's are on their way. Are they worth getting? I found that a mob by the name of http://www.regland.com is pre-booking domain names for when they become available between Jan 01- and June 01. Whats the deal? Are they worth giving $20 to just to have their servers setup to catch the domain before anyone else does?

The domains I'm after are the state in which I live and the capital cities, will they be worth getting? Should I wait? Should I pre-book before someone else doeS???

Cheers
Jonny
http://www.umphdesign.com

Back