• Howdy! Welcome to our community of more than 130.000 members devoted to web hosting. This is a great place to get special offers from web hosts and post your own requests or ads. To start posting sign up here. Cheers! /Peo, FreeWebSpace.net
managed wordpress hosting

Reseller questions [merged]

gamerman

Your reseller plan and (DNS)

If you have reseller plan from any company what your web name server (DNS) will be ????

Re: Your reseller plan and (DNS)

Originally posted by gamerman
If you have reseller plan from any company what your web name server (DNS) will be ????

Hello,

The nameservers for your reseller accont varies depending on who is providing the reseller account. Some web hosting providers will give you your own custom nameservers (ie. ns1.yourdomain.com, ns2.yourdomain.com), others will give you anonymous DNS that no one would know who you use to get hosting from and some will give you their nameservers to use.

Thanks Robert

I have question.... :rolleyes:

What is the best in your opinion ??:D

In my opinion (and I assume I'm speaking for everyone) I'd have to say that you want a host that provides at no cost or at a small fee ($2/mo. or a setup fee such as $10), your own private DNS. This makes you look more professional and the biggest reason is because you are a reseller, you're prices will (99% of the time) be more expensive than the hosting provide you have the reseller account with, basically if you are using the same DNS as your host, people may visit THEM and see they are cheaper and signup with them instead. *whew* too much coffee. Hope ya understand that

How Bandwidth work in reseller account ??

I mean Bandwidth that providing the reseller account give me .

Re: How Bandwidth work in reseller account ??

I mean Bandwidth that providing the reseller account give me .

You should keep all questions in the same thread, but it's alright.

When you order a reseller plan, you will select a plan that comes with x amount of bandwidth and x amount of space.

So let's say you get a reseller account with 2GB of spsace (2000mb) and 20GB of Bandwidth (20000MB).

A normal host will NOT allow you to oversell, that is, to offer more than what you can provide assuming everyone won't use it all.

With 2GB of space and 20GB of bandwidth, you can provide, umm

20 Accounts with 100mb of space each (100 x 20 = 2,000MB) with 1GB of Bandwidth per month.

Of course, as a reseller, you want to start small and move up. So select a hosting company that is reliable and won't hurt your reputation.

Thanks Robert :)

sorry but I have some other questions.....:D

How domin names work in reseller account ??
How can my client pay for me ??

Can you give me links for some reliable companys.....

thanks again Robert :)

For domain name, you may need to open an account with opensrs or enom, they allows you to register domain name at discounted prices.

For payment processor, I recommend paysystems for credit card processing and paypal. When your client purchase your hosting service, their credit card will be charged by paysystems and funds will be held there for 14 days before they send you the cheque or wire them to your bank account.

Paysystems will take a percentage of what they charged plus transaction fees. I believe it is 5.5% + $0.45, so if your client purchase $10 worth of hosting, you will get $9. The rates depends on which processor you go with.

The fund held by paysystems is your fund, and 3rd party processor usually send out the fund to you twice a month. T

hey can not send to you in 24 hours because of processing fees, which is why they held all funds and send them all out twice a month. So all funds you accumulated from 1st to the 14th will be send out on the 15th, and 15th to the end of the month will be send out on the 1st next month.

10% is a huge amount to be charging for such a little transaction. If I were you, I'd look into "merchant accounts". Since the internet has taken off, they're much more available nowadayz. :classic2:

Thanks Robert :)

sorry but I have some other questions.....:D

How domin names work in reseller account ??
How can my client pay for me ??

Can you give me links for some reliable companys.....

thanks again Robert :)

Some reseller providers (if not most) provide you with a reseller plan of unlimited domains - that means that you can add as many domains as you want as long as you still have web space and bandwidth.

Most reseller providers use Cpanel and give their resellers WHM (Web Hosting Manager) which lets you add/remove hosting packages and add/remove accounts.

As Vegas mentioned, paysystems.com as well as 2checkout.com will deposit the money you earn into your account every 14 days - or 2 times per month.

My other suggestion would be to offer paypal as a method of accepting payments. Which allows you to accept credit cards as well via paypal.com.

Once you get a little bigger and are profitable, you should switch to a merchant account. We have a merchant account and our funds are deposited into our account within 2 business days after someone signs up, hence we don't have to wait 14 days for payment to be recieved.

To register domains, you can visit verodomains.com which is for $10/yearly. But I would suggest that you open a reseller accoun at enom and there you will be able to register domains for $8.95 (or less). That way you can provide instant domain registration for your clients.

If you have any more questions, please do not hestitate to post it or email me directly at robert@verohost.com.

It has been a pleasure helping you and I wish only the best of luck to you and your hosting firm.

Back